Death is only the beginning of another story

Gravity takes hold of her, forcing her towards the forest. Her eyes begin to tear as she watches Theo escape her sight. She reaches her arm towards him, but she was falling too fast to be saved.

Am I not meant to live?

She lets out a whimper, he snaps his head towards her.

"Reanna?" His eyes expand as he searches for her, finally catching a glimpse of her falling body.

"No," His voice cracks as he dives down.

His wing flaps behind him, stearing him in the wrong direction.

I don't think you can come back from dying in the afterlife.

Instantly Theo drapes his arm behind his shoulder, took his broken wing in hand, and snapped it into place. Diving towards her.

You won't be able to save me.

She drops her arm and closes her eyes,

I left so much unsaid, so many promises never kept.

The forest quickly surrounds Reanna, engulfing her in its darkness once again.

I barely lived.

Nearby, crows perk up at her arrival, They look to the sky with a devious glimmer in their eye sockets.

I don't wanna die alone. Not like grandma did.

They raise their wings and jump off. As their feet leave the branches they scream, flying past Reanna.

What would Dena think? That I gave up so easily?

Below her, Lost Souls awaken and stumble out of their hideout.

I didn't try to give up, I swear. I wanted to live, but I'm not meant to live. My situation is telling me that.

They stumble around the forest, bumping into each other with their noses to the sky.

Theo halts at the sight of crows swarming toward him. Expanding his wings he drifts backwards, straight into a murder of crows that await him.

I wish I could've seen Liam grow up. I wish I could've accomplished more.

Her tears fly up, past the falling frathers. The crows around Theo rip off his feathers one by one.

"BASTERDS!" Theo pulls against them, shaking off a few.

On the ground, Lost Souls drop to the forest floor and crawl toward the fallen feathers. Devouring them and falling into a trance with a smile on their tortured faces. Their comrades rush towards them and devour them.

"Why do you care about them!?" Theo screams, kicking the crows that fly toward his wings. "They only care about themselves!"

I don't want to die, not again, it's too painful, but I can't be helped.

Through the crows and the falling feathers, Theo sees Reanna.

"You made a promise!" He pulls against the crows. "Don't do the same thing your father did!" His screams rang through the wind.

She opens her eyes, watching Theo fight for his life above her.

No, I'm not him. I won't give up, I made a promise. I'm not dying today!

Theo grabs his bow and pulls the string through their necks like butter. The crow's heads fall to the forest ground, crumbling to dust when they hit the forest floor.