Blood And Lies

This is my karma

She covers her mouth as he plunges to the ground. Reanna didn't dare step towards him. The darkness on his body stretches across his ribs before her eyes. His head flung to the ground, the white spots on his head were gone.

How did I not notice that he was bitten?

She dropped to the ground as tears stream down her face. He was frozen on his knees

No. I did...I just didn't know what it meant

Her cries fill the field, she covers her tears-soaked face with her hands. Dropping her head to the ground she buries her head on her knees. She pulls her hair down.

"YOU WON!" She shouts.

As bones crunch nearby she shut her eyes. 

Just kill me, I deserve it. I failed

A woman laughs nearby Reanna slowly looks up to see Alice hysterically laughing. She steps on the bones of skeletons as she makes her way towards Rea. Alice wipes the tears from her face and reaches her hand towards Bellator.

Bellator slowly raises his head, letting out a low groan. His body was completely black and grey, and the light in his eyes was gone. Alice places her hand above his head and moves it back flinging him into a tree behind them.

She can control them?

"What do you want from me?" She cries, her voice is almost lost in the sounds of the battle. 

Alice strolls towards her and leans down until her mouth is beside Reanna's ear.

"I want you dead," She coldly whispered.

Reanna saw that her necklace was gone and, that she had a floor-length gown on that revealed her shoulders. Rea locks eyes with her, she quickly looks away. Alice steps back and turns on her heel. She walks away as if she had the entire world under her thumb. 

"Let's go," Her voice booms over the sound of the chaos. 

Bellator pulls himself up and stands in front of the tree. It wasn't until Alice walked past him that he started to move. He followed her just a few steps behind her. 

Stop

She never pulled her eyes off his back even when she heard souls question each other. She saw demons flying towards Alice, arrows pierce a few of their wings. They plunge into the ground only to pull it out and run towards Alice. Lost Souls limp towards her, as if she silently commanded them to.

Come back

Reanna watches them leave, her eyes never leave Bellator. As if he could snap out of it and run towards her, just to comfort her like he once did. He never did. Even when she lost him in the crowd of mindless followers, she never stopped looking.

Please

"I'll try," She whispers.

Warrior angels flew towards them soaring above her. She doesn't even flinch as her hair blows in front of her face, latching onto her tear-soaked face. Reanna felt someone behind her their shadow reaching over her. A pale red haze surrounds her.

"Nightfall is coming, you need to go inside,"  Sam says.

She could hear the sadness in his voice but it didn't make her get up. She felt her arms around her torso, pulling her up. He flung her across his shoulder and walked her towards the castle. Lifting her head up she saw Reapers killing the Lost Souls that were once their allies. Reclaimed Souls were picking up the masks and clothes of their fellow family members that lost themselves.  Reanna shut her eyes and hung her head. The sound of the aftermath of the battle surrounds her.