6

"Have some more..." Kouvoh offered the bowl of rice.

"Hindi na po, maraming salamat" Kharryl replied, smiling.

"Do I look that old for you to always use that 'po' everytime you'll speak to me?" Kouvoh asked after drinking half glass of water.

Kharryl gasped and shook her head immediately.

"No, Sir. Saydang mataas lang ang respeto ko sa inyo kasi amo ko kayo" she explained.

Kouvoh chuckled, "so defensive"

Kharryl lowered her head in embarrassment.

"good evening people!" Laeioun stepped in the dining room.

Kouvoh stood up and planted a kiss on Laeioun's cheek, pulling a chair for his husband.

"You look so tired, commander" Kouvoh noticed.

"well, I am" Laeioun replied.

"You can rest after having your dinner. What do you want to have?" Kouvoh asked, putting some rice on Laeioun's plate.

"well, what do we have here?" Laeioun occupied the space beside Kouvoh.

Both men scanned the dishes, "we have some sisig, pinakbet, adobong manok and fried shrimp made by Kharryl" Kouvoh said. Pointing each dishes, glancing at her direction.

"They look so edible, I would like to try more of your recipes" Laeioun smiled at her.

"Gladly," she giggled.

"Oh, anyway, how are you? How was your stay here?" asked Laeioun.

"ayos lang po ako, maganda ang bahay niyo at naaliw ako kahit maglibot-libot lang" she replied.

"that's great, you should be relaxing by now. After we receive the contract and you're done with all of your tests, all we have to do is to sign that contract so we could proceed to inseminating" Laeioun chattered.

"Speaking of inseminating, what kind of medical process will she have?" Kouvoh asked.

"oh about that, it will be IUI. Her doctor told me about that yesterday" Laeioun shove a spoon of rice in his mouth.

"IUI stands for? I know nothing when it comes to that kind of stuff, commander"  Kouvoh said.

Laeioun smiled, "sorry, IUI stands for Intrauterine insemination"

"Oh, okay. Noted"

The couple shared a food while exchanging some words about some events and she excused herself to give them privacy.

she went to her room and searched for her phone. It was placed on her bedside table. She picked it up and slid the door of the balcony which is her favorite spot.

She savoured the breeze of the night, stayed like that for a minute before dialing her mother's number.

"Kumusta, nay?"  she introd when her mother picked her call.

"okay lang kami ni tatang mo, with honor si Karren, top 2 naman si Klyde. Ikaw? Kumusta ka na riyan?" 

"Okay lang ko di, ma" [translation: okay lang ako rito, ma] Kharryl replied using their mother tongue.

"Salamat gali sa gin padala mo nga kwarta, na pamakal ko mga kinahanglanon ta diri sa sulod balay kag na baklan ang mga manghod mo sang bag o nga galamiton nila sa eskwelahan. Kabalo ka naman nga guba-guba na ang iban sa mga gamit nila" [translation: nga pala, salamat sa ipinadala mong pera, nakabili ako ng mga kailangan natin rito sa bahay at na bilhan ng mga bagong kagamitan sa eskwelahan ang mga kapatid mo. Alam mo naman na sira-sira na ang ibang gamit ng mga kapatid mo.]

"Wala 'yun, nay" nakangiti silang nag-usap ng kaniyang ina. Panay rin ang tanong nito kung ano ang trabaho niya at kung saan siya nagta-trabaho kaya wala siyang nagawa kundi ang magsinungaling na lang dahil alam niyang magagalit ang mga magulang niya sa sitwasyon pinasok niya ngayon.

Nagpaalam siya pagkatapos ng ilang minutong pakikipag-usap at pumasok ulit sa loob ng kaniyang silid.

Natigilan siya nang makita sa loob si Kouvoh, medyo nagulat rin ito nang makita siya.

"Sorry if I barged in without your consent. You we're talking to someone over the phone so I didn't bother to acknowledge you about my presence. Laeioun ordered me to give this to you. He bought those stuff for you" he gestured a lot of paper bag placed on the queen-size bed.

Her lips parted caused by astonishment, "all of it are just for me?"

"Yes"

she blink and blink again, "wow, but I really don't need this stuff. They look so expensive and too many. I can't accept this"

Inside the paper bags are those branded and fashionable stuff.

Kouvoh shook his head, "no one will use it here, he bought it for you. Whether you accept it or not, still its yours. If you don't want it, still, keep it. Laeioun worked hard for it. At least, give those stuff some importance" Kouvoh stated.

She unconsciously nod, "sige po, ano, pwede mo bang ipaabot sa kaniya ang pasasalamat ko--"

"no, tell it to him yourself. Good night, binibini..." he turned away and walked out.

"good night..." she murmured when the door closed.

After a few minutes, she just realize
t

hat she's not wearing a bra! She flushed and jumped on the bed, burying her burning face on the mattress.

She had enough, she did a lot of embarrassing stuff today and Kouvoh witness all of it!

"Nakakahiya!"

•••

Author's Note: Any thoughts? Comment down and don't forget to vote. Thank you.