49

“Leave the past where it belongs.” —Unknown

“The best thing you could give to someone is a chance.” —Unknown

“At the end of the day, you just have to go for it. It's either that or spend the rest of your life regretting not putting your heart on the line when you knew you should have.” — The better man project

•••

I made up my mind, I’ll give him, his last chance to prove himself and his feelings for me. Kharryl said in her head when she woke up.

“Good morning!” Kouvoh greeted her when she barged in to the kitchen.

“Morning...” she replied with a small smile on her lips.

“How’s your sleep?” He asked, switching to another activity. She arrived seeing him toasting a bread and now he is making a cup of coffee. She wonders if it is for her or not.

“It was good. How about you?” She retorted.

The smile on his lips widened, “Better than ever.” He briefly replied as he glanced at her for few seconds.

“I’m happy to hear that.” Kharryl responds.

Kouvoh turned to her direction and began to stride closer to her with a cup of coffee in his hand, “Here’s your coffee...” He served it in front of her.

She looked up to him and said “thank you.”

He nod and turned back to his previous activity, toasting a bread. “Did South mentioned about the event they have next week?” Kouvoh asked out of nowhere.

“Nope, what about it?” Kharryl asked. Recalling that she heard South’s teacher mentioned that event.

“Well, it’s actually the school’s acquaintance party and parents are invited. Would you like to go with me? I mean, with South and I?” Kouvoh asked.

“Of course!” She replied immediately. He turned to her with a bright face.

“Really?” He confirmed.

She nods, sipping a coffee from the cup. Kouvoh smiled at her, showing his complete set of white teeth. The rumble in her chest began, this guy is driving me crazy without him knowing Kharryl said in her head.

He carried a plate of toasted bread and served it before her. “Enjoy your breakfast.” He said, showing her that smile once again. He turned to the door and was about to walk out when she spoke, “are you going somewhere?” Kharryl couldn’t help but to ask. Kouvoh immediately turned to face her. “I mean, you were dressed up. I just... thought that you might be going somewhere.” she explained before she looked away.

“I am, but I’ll be back.” He replied.

“Oh... okay. Take care!” Kharryl retorted.

“I will, thanks.” He said before turning his back and walks away. Kharryl’s eyes trailed on Kouvoh’s back until he’s finally gone from here sight.

Few moment later, after Kouvoh drove off. She heard the doorbell rang. Kharryl stood up and made her way out.

A huge man in black suit is standing before the gate. Kharryl stride closer to the gate, “Auh, how may I help you?” Kharryl hesitatingly asked.