45

Kharryl placed her resignation letter on Klyde’s table, by the look on his face, he knew what’s her agenda.

“You’re leaving?” Klyde confirmed.

Kharryl nod and gave him a smile, “I’m resigning, Sir.”

Klyde let out a breath, “you can’t yet.”

“I know, I am willing to stay until you found someone to replace me.” Kharryl replied.

“That would be better...” Klyde took her resignation letter and kept it inside his drawer, “you may go.”

Kharryl left as he said.

•••

After  2 months

“Son...” Kouvoh called for South’s attention who was about to step inside his room.

The young boy stared at him, not uttering a word or even moving. Just waiting for him to continue.

Kouvoh sighed, reminiscing South’s behavior three weeks after Kharryl let saying she have something to deal with for a while so she have to stay there. South would ask him about her every day. Questioning him if when will they see each other again or if Kharryl contacted him. But when fourth week came, he never heard him ask about her again.

“About your mother...” he started.

“She don’t want me anymore, right?” South blurt out that surprised him.

‘Where the hell did he get that nonsense?’ Kouvoh asked in his head.

“What the hell are you talking, Son? How could you say such thing.” Kouvoh hissed, not liking what South said.

South ignored him, “If she still want me, she would at least check on me. I am her son after all.” he pointed out. Turning his small back on Kouvoh and went inside his room. Ending their brief conversation.

Kouvoh dropped his gaze on the ground as questions filled his head. All related to Kharryl. What are the things she need to deal with? What took her so long? Did something happened?

•••

Kharryl stayed as a cashier in a public supermarket for two months after she handed her resignation letter to Klyde. It took long to find someone who can replace her.

“You won’t really change your mind anymore?” Klyde asked.

“My decision is final, Sir. I’m resigning.” She knew Klyde is hesitating to let her go because she is one of the most hard working employee under his team.

“Well then, thank you for your hard work and great service, Ryl.” Klyde’s last words for her before they parted ways.

A small smile curved on Kharryl's lips as she made her way to the exit. ‘Just wait for a little more time, baby. I’m on my way to after you.’ Kharryl whispered in her head.

After settling things on her workplace, she moved out from her apartment and stayed in Lumiere’s mansion for a day. Asking Kourah and Alfiana about the direction and transpiration she need, to guide her through her destination; which is Kouvoh’s given address.