10

"Tulungan ko na po kayo," Kharryl offered when she saw Nejilda carrying a tray of food. Maybe for Kouvoh, caging himself inside his office.

Nejilda's eyes widen, "No, dear" extending her arms away from Kharryl's direction.

"Sanay naman na po akong ako ang nagdadala ng pagkain para kay Sir Kouvoh kaya bakit ayaw niyo pong hatiran ko siya ng pagkain ngayon?" Kharryl asked in confuse.

"Ano ka ba naman, hija. Buntis ka kaya bakit kita hahayaang gumawa ng mga bagay na kami dapat ang gumagawa?" Nejilda replied.

"Po? Hindi pa po ako buntis kaya pwedeng-pwede po akong tumulong sa inyo,"

"Kahit na, naturukan ka na. Hayaan mo na kaming gumawa nito"

"Pero kasi--" she complained but was cut off by the lady's shush.

"Don't argue, go and relax somewhere. It will be a great help for you" Nejilda smiled.

"Okay, hindi ko na po kukunin 'yang tray pero pwede ba akong sumama sa 'yo para ihatid 'yan?" She pointed the tray.

Nejilda grinned, "bakit naman?"

"bawal po ba? Sige po, 'wag na lang--"

"Tara," Nejilda leads the way. She followed.

They went through a lot of corridors until they reach Kouvoh's office. She hit the door with her knuckles. At least she could help Nejilda by that. The lady can't knock for she's carrying a tray filled by foods.

"Come in," hearing Kouvoh's gravelly voice, she held the knob and twisted it open, pushing it backward.

"Here's your food," Kharryl announced that caught him off guard.

Nejilda placed the tray on Kouvoh's table. He set aside the pile of papers and took of his eyeglasses.

"thank you," Kouvoh said. He shift his gaze to her direction "you should be resting..."

"Ahm, ayaw ko pong wala akong ginagawa" she replied.

"You can at least watch movies or read books," he suggested.

"not my things..." she murmured.

"then come and seat here," Kouvoh motioned the visitors chair placed across his table.

Kharryl shift her gaze back to Nejilda who's lowering her head.

"ano, sasabay na lang po ako kay manang Nejilda--"

"Naku Sir, maiwan ko na po kayo rito. Maglalaba pa kami nila Rosalenda," Nejilda cut her off.

"Sama na ako--"

"Hindi pwede, buntis ka" Nejilda said.

"Hindi pa ako buntis--" she was cut off again by the old lady's shush. Means she had to shut up.

Nejilda bid her goodbye afterward, she had no choice but to sit on the visitors chair. She's facing Kouvoh, the only thing thay separates them is the table.