23

“What are you doing here?”

Kharryl gasped as she turns around to face the intruder, she was captivated by Laeioun's eyes. His hair was a mess but that couldn't change the fact that he look so good as he always do.

“Hinihintay lang po kita,” she replied.

“You don't have to,” Laeioun interludes. “you should be resting by now.” he said after checking the time on his wrist watch.

“magpapahinga rin po ako agad kapag tapos na po tayong mag-usap,” she response.

He said nothing but he moves to occupy the space beside her. Is this another way to tell someone that he or she's listening? Maybe.

They remained silent until Kharryl decided to break it. “I'm sorry po sa ginawa ko noong nakaraan.”

He let the silence pass for a while and disturb it with his sough, followed by his statement. “Forgiven but let's not repeat those kind of happenings, can we? You're giving me a heart attack.” Laeioun chuckles after stating his last sentence.

That made Kharryl smile, “It wasn't my intention to frighten everybody.” here she goes again. Trying to drain her vocabulary.

Laeioun nods, “ I know but it wasn't really you who frightened me that day. It was Kouvoh.” He interludes. “He almost wreck the accelerator and the car's velocity is blistering. As if he's in a race.”  Kharryl barely see Laeioun's confused expression.

‘Kouvoh did what?’ Kharryl asked herself. She was dumbfounded to utter a word.

She immobile, letting Laeioun's word process in her system. She blinked numerously when Laeioun moved one of his hand, shoving the air and said “but let's not mind that. Maybe he was too shock. That's why...” Laeioun convince themselves.

Awkward silence filled the atmosphere, Kharryl don't like it so she tried to search for a topic that will pull them out from the awkward situation.

“ahm, pwede ba nating pag usapan ang bata?” she blurt out.

“what about the baby?” Laeioun ask, his mood changed.

What's in his mind to react like that? His facial expression scares her a little. He's too serious that he look so dangerous.

“Gusto ko lang sanang itanong kung may naisip na kayong pangalan para sa bata?” she tried her very best not to stutter.

The atmosphere changes after that, Laeioun went back to his personality. The clever one.

“About that,” a smile curved on his lips. “If it's a boy, we'll call him ‘South’. If that baby is a ‘she’ then, welcome to the world Little East.” His eyes filled with confusion once again. “Why? Do you have something in your mind?” asked Laeioun.

She smiles as she shook her head, “South and East...” she utter and speaks again. “Napakagandang mga pangalan.”

Laeioun laid his back on the backrest with a proud and happy facial expression, “that baby deserves every beautiful things in the world. He or she's the dream after all...”

Kharryl held her flat tummy and made a promise to herself that she'll take a good care of the living baby inside her. She's carrying the dream.

“It's getting late,” Both head turned to search for the person who spoke.

There is Kouvoh who's standing not so far away from them. Both hands are slid inside the pocket of his pants and his eyes are fixed on hers. Before she could smile — he looked away, shifting his gaze to his husband. “Everyone should be resting by now.” Kouvoh added.

Laeioun stood up from his seat, “we'll continue our conversation next time.” He smiled.

She rose from her seat and curve her lips to plaster a smile, “Of course. Good night and thank you for your time.”

Laeioun nod as he turn and walk away. His husband, Kouvoh, immobile on the ground as he wait for his partner.

As Laeioun walk closer to Kouvoh, a lips curve upward. Smiling to his husband as he close the distance.

Kharryl felt something bitter.

When Laeioun walked pass him, Kouvoh followed without a word. They went upstairs, silently. No one dares to talk until they are inside the masters bedroom.

Laeioun went inside the bathroom while Kouvoh sat on the bed, waiting for his husband.

When Laeioun went out, he look fresh with his PJ's but his facial expression don't look good.

Stoic pair of eyes are fixed at Kouvoh. Now he silently asked himself if he did something wrong.

“What's with that face, Commander?” Kouvoh asked.

“Did something happen between you and Kharryl? I mean, you act so strange when she's around.” he bomb.

Kouvoh stilled, hearing that woman's name. He let out a counterfeit laughter but Laeioun is really serious about what he said. His laughter died down.

“Are you serious about this?” Kouvoh asked.

Laeioun didn't reply, he remained looking at him.

Kouvoh let out a sigh, “Nothing happened. I just don't feel like talking to her.” He briefly explained.

“So you're avoiding her?” Laeioun asked again.

“Am I?” Kouvoh asked again.

“Don't answer my question with yours, Commander.” Laeioun warned.

“Okay, I'm sorry.” Kouvoh apologize, “But my answer is I'm not avoiding her. I just really don't feel like talking to her. Believe me.”

Laeioun rolled his eyes, “Whatever.” he then turn and walks away.

Kouvoh felt guilty so suddenly, he know he lied.

‘I'm avoiding her because I think i'm starting to like her...’

•••

A|N: Until my next update again, thanks for waiting patiently.