31

A|N: Hello everyone, I’m open for criticism.
If you see any grammatical, punctuation, or typographical problems, please feel free to correct me. Your opinions are greatly valued. Enjoy reading!

•••

Dahil sa labis na kasiyahan ni Kouvoh sa agarang pagpayag ni Kharryl sa Plano nitong paglabas ay bigla nitong sinabi na aalis sila sa mansion pagkalipas ng kalahating oras upang maisakatuparan ang napagusapang  plano, katwiran ng lalaki, baka raw muli pang magbago ang isip ni Kharryl kung kaya’t nagdesisyon itong umalis na habang pumapayag pa ang kasama.

“Where would you like to go?” Kouvoh asked Kharryl.

She turned to him, smiling “Kahit saan basta komportable ka.”

“Okay but let me ask you about something. Is this your first date?” Kouvoh asked, eyes are focused on the road.

“Yes,” she briefly replied.

“Alright,” Kouvoh smiled as he drove the car.

He really don’t know where to take her.
He usually takes his date to an upscale dining establishment, shops, and arcades but now that he’s with Kharryl, those places aren’t merely appropriate to make her first date more memorable.

He is aware that she’s not into something fancy, simple natural settings could make her smile in an instant. Her happiness are too shallow.

Bookstore is the first place where Kouvoh decided to drop by. He opened the door for her and they went inside the store together.

“We’ll buy some books for this little buddy inside you,” Kouvoh said and his eyes traveled down to Kharryl's tummy. A smile curved on his lips before he turn to other direction.

Parehong naglulumikot ang mga mata ni Kouvoh at Kharryl sa katitingin ng mga libro.

“Someone told me that reading books are good for pregnant women, also for that little soul inside you.” Kouvoh’s eyes traveled back to Kharryl's tummy once again, “he or she will recognize your voice as you read it out loud” he added, pulling another book out from the shelf.

His eyes shifted on the cover of the book, he opened it and let his eyes scan on the front page.

“Reading also build good bonding between you and my child,” Kouvoh speaks again, turning the pages after a quick scan. He saw Kharryl’s movement using his peripheral vision. She pulled a book, across the shelf where he got the book he had chosen.

“You want that?” He asked.

Kharryl shook her head, her other way to say no. She turned her back and tried to put the book back to it’s shelf, Kouvoh held her arm. Stopping her.

“We’ll get that,” Kharryl’s eyes twinkled in happiness yet her mouth says the opposite.

“Hindi, libro para sa baby Ang bibilhin natin kaya narito tayo.” Kharryl contradict.

“The baby won’t enjoy the book if the mother is not even enjoying while reading it...” Kouvoh responded.

A smile curved on his lips again, taking the book from Kharryl before she could successfully put it back inside the shelf.