22| Noori

2 2

N o o r i

(n.) my light.

✼✼✼

i feel this

gravitational pull 

towards you,

like the universe and

all the galaxies

had a talk and said,

"yeah, it's time."

– Gawn Birdie

✼✼✼

Adam's alarm was what jolted him awake.

He was surprised that his phone still had that much battery left considering he didn't charge it for almost a day and a half, but what surprised him more was how beautiful Belle looked sleeping.

Last night – god, last night.

He didn't even know how to begin to describe it.

Every second he spent in Belle's room last night feels as though it's punctured in his bones and into his muscles – even behind closed eyelids while he was sleeping, all he could see was Belle's tender smile and feather-soft touch.

He doesn't remember the last time a girl has touched him so wonderfully like that.

Adam didn't know what it was – maybe it was the moonlight in Belle's room, or her fairylights – but he knew that when he saw her, in her shell-white pajamas opening her door to him,  he would cross the Milky Way and more if it was for her.

Just thinking about Belle's touch is enough to make him feel as though he was feeling the heartbeat of every single living creature in his chest, and just the thought of her gentle stare is enough to make him believe that humans had more than one heart. The whole ordeal was atom-splitting, and Adam wasn't a poet, but god, he swears that what he felt with her was poetry and words his brain could never understand, but his heart would always feel.

Her veil has loosened a bit, and her hair was out of the braid she kept it in; her lips were cherry red, and her skin gleamed like moonlight – he wonders how it is possible to look so beautiful without even trying. Her breaths are steady, and her arms are wrapped around Adam's torso, while his fingers were buried in the skin of her waist.

Nothing about this seemed platonic – and he wanted that.

Adam had absolutely no problem going down on his knees and telling Belle how he's been thinking of her everyday since the day he met her, and how he's been going absolutely crazy just from the thought of her; Adam had zero issues kissing the ground she walked on and telling Belle how he's been feelings things he hasn't before all because of her, and how he's always counting down the hours, minutes, seconds until he could see her again – he had no problem telling Belle that he was falling in love with her.

If the world ended today then the only place Adam would be in were her arms, and there aren't enough riches in this world to replace the feeling of Belle's fingers on his chest, right over his heart.

His heart felt so full, and he swears it was as though someone ripped him open and stuffed him with sunshine.

It took every ounce of self-control to not kiss Belle's cheek and whisper good morning in her ear, but even then, with Belle just lying next to him, Adam felt as though he was seeing stars. This, he thinks, is what books are written for – the feeling of her skin on his, the mingling of both their breaths together. Adam knew one novel wasn't enough to describe the absolute warmth of Belle's touch, and if he was being honest, he also knew that he himself could never put it into words.