08| Noceur

0 8 

N o c e u r 

(n.) one who stays up late.

✼✼✼

To invent you need an imagination and a pile of junk.

  – Thomas A. Edison

  ✼✼✼

I am diabolical, but I am going to be binge-updating Belle because I have so many chapters done, so I hope ya'll can forgive me.

Unedited because I am still a piece of shit but I am in uni now lolol.

xoxo

  ✼✼✼

"Dude I seriously need you to not move right now," Adam said, his voice cracking at how shaky his fingers became, "because if you do, this whole thing will collapse and stain my apartment blue and red."

Reece raised a sly eyebrow, grinning. He even thrusted his hip jokingly, which almost made Adam drop the red and blue paint he was slowly pouring. "This is yours you dumbass," he said, an edge to his voice now as he glanced at the smirking blonde, "I did as you asked."

"I know," Reece shrugged. "But what's the fun if I don't fuck around a bit?"

Adam could feel his pulse in his ears. "I'm almost done," he said, gulping as he poured the rest of the red and blue paint in their separate compartments. When he finally finished, he let out an enormous breath and flashed Reece a glare. "If that went horribly wrong you would've paid for my cleaning."

"To only mess up your apartment again, Adam – do you really think I'd spend money on you and not take advantage?"

Adam groaned. He closed the lids of the paints, and smiled lightly at his new creation. A few weeks prior, Reece requested Adam to make him a device – a 'thingy' as Reece put it – that would make it extra convenient to mix coloured paints together.

Adam was done with the invention within a few days: all he really did was assemble two three- inch containers into a make-shift blender that worked on battery, and it was done. All Reece needed to do was pour the two colours – he requested blue and red first – into the plastic containers, press the button and the colours would combine in the mixing palette Adam installed at the back.

It was pretty neat, Adam would admit, but it wasn't his best. Reece was more excited than Adam was, because when Adam gave the Australian a thumbs up, Reece rushed to see the magic Adam came up with it.

"No way mate," Reece said, eyeing the newly invented device even more carefully now, "that looks sick."

Adam shrugged, wiping away the paint that splattered on the inside of his wrists. "It was nothing," Adam smiled, already cleaning up his desk and removing the spare parts that sprawled around.

"Thanks a bunch," Reece held the device like a new born baby, a childish beam on his face, "this is going to save me a shit ton of work and make me look so badass."

Adam laughed. "Don't mention it."

Reece let out a small Holy shit I am so going to slay before bidding Adam goodbye and leaving the apartment with a subtle Bang! of the door.

Adam wiped his hands once more before going back to work on one of his other pieces. It was a bit peculiar, he wasn't going to lie about it, but it was a more challenging one, one that needed precise measurements, clear thinking and skilled placement.