03| Bibliophile

0 3 

B i b l i o p h i l e 

(n.) a lover of books; an obsessive collector.

   ❋❋❋

There is no friend as loyal as a book.

 – Ernest Hemingway

   ❋❋❋

N O T E 

I am genuinely sorry for not updating this sooner, but I am so glad I did because I finally figured plot ideas with this story out.

I am truly sorry for making you all wait, but nonetheless, I siriusly hope you guys enjoyed this. 

Unedited because Nadia is a piece of shit. #Nadia2k17

I hope you all like it, and a little challenge is for you to spot the humans that are the ornaments.☺ 

Oh and if you guys can think of a cool name for this Disney Princess Retelling Series, then please do tell me because I have absolutely no idea.

xoxo

  ❋❋❋  

She was obviously a new maid.

A harmless individual really; a woman of probably mid-twenties assigned to take care of a seventeen year old nut-job.

Belle could always tell who the new ones were by the sounds of their steps and the tone in the voices, and she knew – she knew – that the other maids really just wanted the best for her.

"I SAID I DO NOT WANT ANY BREAKFAST."

But that didn't mean she appreciated it.

Call her rude, but much to Belle's dismay, new maids meant new faces. New faces meant a new pair of eyes, and a new pair of eyes meant a new person of judgment. Belle wasn't even remotely ready for a new face to witness the destruction of her own, and it wasn't going to change any time soon.

She could hear the tray clutter outside the door. "B-but Mademoiselle Antonelle, your mother sent clear instructions –"

"My mother lost authority over me the moment she left," Belle hissed, now pacing across the room to let some of her frustration evaporate. "Now, leave."

The maid scurried away without a sound.

She didn't return either.

Just like the rest of them.

❋❋❋

"She was just new!"

"I know."

"Here for only two hours!"

"I know."

"And she already quit!"

Belle looked anywhere but at Mrs. Potenciana, and it was clear in the knots in her shoulders that she was starting to feel bad.

Mrs. Potenciana would've gone soft at this point because of the way Belle's eyes were crystal clear and earnestly saddened, but this was the seventh time this month and the mansion was in desperate need of staff.