05| Abditory

0 5 

A b d i t o r y 

(n.) a place in which you can disappear; a hiding place.

   ❋❋❋

It hurt because it mattered.

    – John Green

  ❋❋❋  

N O T E 

Unedited because Nadia was a little bit too excited.

Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy.

PS - Let's play a little game called 'Spot-The-Cartoon-Quote' and leave an inline comment on it!

xoxo

  ❋❋❋  

The changes that happened in the past week were incredibly terrifying.

Mrs. Potts was one of the few who panicked during the first three days, and it was only a matter of time before Lumière and Cogan joined in with her.

The mansion's makeover was probably more than anything Mrs. Potts pictured. New smooth drapes of wallpaper, lavishing carpets that enhanced the granite flooring so beautifully; more glittering chandeliers hanging from almost every room, the ceilings polished and renewed. A whole new wardrobe was purchased – a boy's wardrobe – and an entire room was decorated in less than seventeen hours.

All the servants could do was watch in horror.

Belle wasn't even around to see the horrid changes that were happening in the mansion, but Mrs. Potts knew that Belle could hear the hammers and drills of the workers as they hung shelves and put together enormous drawers and tables.

After two whole weeks of utter horror and anxiety, when the workers were done with their labor and were paid for their hard work, the whole staff practically raced to the new room.

And it was exquisite.

The room was black and white – neutral colours compliment any kind of personality – and Mrs. Potts could hear Cogan let out a small whimper as they entered the room. Shelves of the smoothest of wood, and lamp shades of only the best quality; a bed of the softest kind, and a table of the most exquisite marble. Salt and pepper granite floor tiles and a plasma television concealed somewhere in the room that would reveal itself with the click of a button; a wardrobe filled to the brim with only branded clothes – Armani, Gucci, Prada – and an Apple laptop perched on the study table.

Lumière was the only one whose expression remained indifferent, if anything, he looked even angrier than the rest of them. He was the first to storm off, and Mrs. Potts didn't see him for the rest of the day. Cogan was the one trembling when he left the room, but Babette was the one with tears in her eyes.

All Mrs. Potts knew was that all these changes came with a price.

And that price was Belle's freedom.

❋❋❋

Belle hasn't been allowing anyone near her for the past three weeks.

She hasn't been eating either, dismissing even Lumière for breakfast and supper. Mrs. Potts was the first to try, but Belle was also the last to give up. And it was such a shame seeing her try so hard to isolate herself, to keep all these toxic thoughts to herself as though she never had anyone for her.