02| Magoa

02

M a g o a

(n.) a heartbreaking feeling that leaves long lasting traces, visible in gestures and facial expressions.

✼✼✼

Maybe I'm the worst person in the universe, but I always try my best for you.

– Anonymous

✼✼✼

He thought he smiled brighter before.

Given that he always thought he looked like he always did, he could just feel it in the corners of his mouth and crevices of his lips.

He smiled brighter before.

But before meant that it already happened, and if it already happened, did he have any power to change that?

Everything is fine now.

Hearts have mended and limps have healed, but why does he feel like his wounds just keep getting deeper and deeper; that his heartbreaks were stains inked onto his chest and that his bruises were just shades of purple and blue completing the spectrum?

Everything is fine, really.

Smiles have bloomed and eyes have sparkled, but why is it that it feels so unnatural when he does it?

He tried to blame it on his Mom.

He tried to blame it on his Dad.

He tried to blame it on people not worth the blame.

So he blamed himself.

✼✼✼

Maybe he was just overreacting.

After all, time does mend all wounds, and he probably just hasn't given himself enough time.

Even though it has already been 2 years.

"You okay mate?" Reece asked, giving him a look that only meant he was irked. "We have Biology right now, I can understand how you feel."

Adam smiled. "I love biology."

Reece visibly shuddered. "Maybe that's why you're so messed up."

"Another word and I won't let you have a glance at my homework."

"Like I said," Reece grinned, blue eyes tingling with desperation. "You have always had my back, haven't you?"

"That's more like it, boy,"

"Do I look like a fucking dog to you –"

Leave it up to Reece to be dramatic about situations like this. 

"I didn't say that."

A quirked eyebrow. "But you were bloody implying it."

"Does it make a difference?"