06| Saudade

0 6

S a u d a d e

(n.) a nostalgic longing to be near again to someone or something that is distant, or that has been loved and then lost; "the love that remains".

✼✼✼

The right person, the wrong time,

The right script, the wrong line,

The right poem, the wrong rhyme,

and a piece of you,

that was never m i n e .

– K. Towne Jr.

✼✼✼

N O T E 

Yes I am absolutely despicable, and I do not blame you but hey, I am updating now and I am kinda happy with this chapter, so I truly hope you enjoy!

If you weren't aware, I actually made a wattpad snapchat! I post my progress on updates over there, and you can have a glimpse at Nadia's boring life and suffering. :) 

My username is @/xxnadia_rosexx and it would be lit if you added me! I add everyone back, because I wanna see all of ya'll's pretty faces. :)))

Truly, thank you for the patience you guys have shown to this book, I am honestly so shocked by how loyal some of you guys are to this book.

Updates are to be more frequent, and I hope you enjoy.

PS - Unedited because Game of Thrones amirite. 

xoxo

✼✼✼

He could remember it like it was yesterday.

The kisses she showered him with before class, their laced fingers underneath his table during lunch; her whispers of We are forever, babe into his skin, and her promises that stained his chest.

The mole on her chin, and the marks that he left on her skin; the arch of her neck, and the secrets she spilled onto him – Adam knew that she was the one, the girl that movies said as the one and only, the girl books described as perfect and the girl that songs made words beautiful and angel rhyme to.

You're everything to me.

Because she made it seem so easy to fall in love; head first and whole-heartedly, simple and straight forward – she made falling in love seem like second nature to Adam, not a blink of hesitation or a thought of doubt – she made him believe that falling in love with her was easy.

How the wind flowed through her hair and the shade of pink her lips were; the stars in her eyes and the sun in her smile, Adam had no reason to believe that this was anything less than love, anything less than complete devotion. He refused to believe that this wasn't love, that what he had with her was just puppy-love – no, Adam went in head-first into this, and there was just no way he was only infatuated when he had already invested too much of himself into this – planted himself too deep, too unreachable.