14| Friable

1 4 

F r i a b l e 

(adj.) easily broken into pieces or reduced to nothing.

    ✼✼✼   

Oh my darling, it's true. Beautiful things have dents and scratches too.

   – Unknown 

    ✼✼✼   

"Adam, you're not making any bloody sense."

Adam was fumbling with the loose strings on his jumper, and no matter how hard he tried to ignore Reece, the blond would just poke him on the shoulder and quirk his eyebrow at him.

"I just – I don't know – I thought it went pretty well. I had a good time – an immensely good time even – but apparently, she did not."

Julian crossed his arms. "What makes you say that?"

"She hasn't responded to my texts for about two weeks now," Adam said, already letting out a small sigh. "I'm pretty sure that was a message enough."

Alexander tried to smile, but Adam could see right through it. "Maybe she's busy," he said, shrugging his shoulders. Even Adam could tell that he was lying. "Don't jump to conclusions like that, Adam."

"But dude, how is she doing? I mean literally almost everyone just suddenly forgot she existed, and she was a pretty big deal back in middle school," Reece said, holding up his teacup. "Spill that tea hot and real."

Adam laughed lightly when he remembered. "Actually, I didn't get to see her," he said, watching as Reece quirked up an eyebrow in question. "She asked me to blindfold myself with the beanie I was wearing."

Reece smirked. "Kinky."

Julian rolled his eyes. "Very interesting," he said, adding shredded cheddar cheese into the pan. Currently, all four of them were piled into Adam's kitchen, and Reece being Reece, practically begged Julian to make some food – Jules please, I'm hungry, plus I think you've been slacking with the whole cooking thing – and Reece went on with it for a whole hour and a half before Julian groaned and eventually made his way to Adam's kitchen.

Adam was actually helping Julian out, chopping up some fresh jalapenos that he got from the store, just after Alexander said he was in the mood for some nachos and burritos. Reece was more than happy with that suggestion, because his stomach grumbled by instinct. Alexander busied himself by heating up the tortillas, while Reece did, as usual, absolutely nothing.

"I mean it's kinda weird," Reece said, giving Adam a small wink. "But hey, it's none of my business."

Adam could feel his cheeks burn. "We didn't do anything," he muttered, embarrassed. "Reece, what the fuck even –"

Reece shrugged. "Listen, I don't judge, but I mean it is kind of a weird approach to a coffee date," he said, picking up a knife and chopping up some cilantro right after Julian said If you don't bloody help us with this, you're not getting any food. "I mean, it looks weird in public and all dude, like damn, I would've given anything to see the look on people's faces when they saw you two on the table and you're fucking blindfolded."

Adam chewed the inside of his cheek. "We actually didn't go to an actual coffee place," he managed to choke out, focusing his solemn attention on the jalapenos he was chopping. "I went over to her place."