Chapter 1 Percy

I don't own any of the characters. All rights go to Rick Riordan and J. K. Rowling. Except for the plot. That is mine.

Camp Half-Blood was finally peaceful again. Leo, Mr. McSizzle, had returned with Calypso and that was awkward to say the least. But I got over it and soon we started hanging out again. Jason and Piper were exhilarated to have Leo back and so were the rest of both camps.

I had been on the beach almost everyday since the final battle. It was the only place I felt I could relax away from the camp. I had officially become a main symbol and leader for the camp. As often as not, demigods came up to me begging for help with something. I really thought they'd ask Annabeth. Later on I found out if it was physical, she sent them to me.

One this particular day though, something seemed---off. I don't know how to explain it other than I knew something was going to happen. My only guess: a quest.

It was little surprise when Jason came up to me later and said, "Yo, Percy. Chiron wants to see you at the Big House."

I thanked him for the news and got up to walk to the Big House. When I got there, Chiron wasn't alone. My thoughts right then? Oh no.

A goddess was waiting for me. The only things that made me not run away were the fact it wasn't Hera, and the look on Chiron's face. I walked up to them, bowed at Hecate, then faced Chiron.

He took a deep breath. "Percy, Lady Hecate has a quest to ask of you. So please listen."

I flashed him a puzzled look and turned to Hecate. She had been studying me since I walked up.

"Percy, since you have already and may I add unwillingly, been an ambassador for Camp Half-Blood to Camp Jupiter I was hoping you would be willing to try it out again. And no, not with Camp Jupiter," she added when I opened my mouth to speak. "I want you, Perseus Jackson, to venture to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as a teacher of Defense Against the Dark Arts." My eyebrows shot up. Me? A teacher?

"Lady Hecate... With all due respect-"

"Which is quite little," she mumbled.

"-Why me? How could I possibly be a good teacher?"

She raised a godly eyebrow at me. "Because Perseus, you may not be that bright, but you can fight. I shall give you the knowledge and power of magic so you won't make a fool of yourself. But I regret to inform you that you must travel alone. No partners for this quest. Just you."

Just me. I'd never been on a quest without Annabeth, except for with Frank and Hazel. This was still so impossible. But it did make sense. If gods could exist, so could wizards. I had heard legends of Hecate blessing people once before. Seemed it was true.

"Alright," I said. "When do I leave?"

She smiled. "In two days time. I have already sent the equipment to your cabin. You need not buy a thing. IM me if you need something. Oh. And before I go..."

She walked over to me and out a hand on my head. She whispered a few unintelligible words and I felt power course through me like I stepped into the water. I now knew I was capable of magic, like the wizards and witches.

"There. Now you may cast spells and such. I also added the entire vocabulary of the wizarding world to your mind. It will prove useful. Good luck, Perseus Jackson."

Then she left. I was standing alone with Chiron on the deck of the Big House. I had forgotten he was there.

I faced him as he spoke, "Good luck, Percy. Now only the headmaster, Dumbledore, and the staff will know who you are. The ministry official, Umbridge though, will not. Do not blow your cover. I will send you in two days to London. Zeus will let you fly for this quest. But only to there and back. No unnecessary flights. You shall stay with a group of wizards and witches while you wait for term to begin. They will also know your identity. Good bye, Percy. I shall see you in two days."

I nodded at him then went to find Annabeth.