Chapter 33: Harry's POV

I think this is the last. And then maybe an epilogue.

I looked around in a daze. After Annabeth and Percy died, Dumbledore showed up and took down Voldemort. Then the minister and a few of his people came and saw Voldemort for themselves. Dumbledore transported my friends back to Hogwarts, and he transported me after them. He wanted to make sure I was okay and sent me to his office so we could talk. Now I'm sitting in a chair, numb.

Percy and Annabeth died for me. Or they died for each other and the wizarding world and I was just a part of said wizarding world.....

I stood up.

I couldn't take this anymore; I wanted someone to explain.

Dumbledore was taking his sweet time, and I wanted answers.

Annabeth mentioned something about weakening his hold on me and the Horcruxes.

I don't even know what those are!

She said to ask Dumbledore. But... I don't want to ask him.

I want to leave.

I want to run outside on the grounds and pretend this never happened.

So long as I'm stuck in here, it happened.

Dumbledore finally appeared in the room. He gazed at me sadly, the twinkle in his eyes was gone.

"Harry..."

"Don't."

I was facing the door again. I didn't want to hear him apologize or say he was sorry. I wanted out.

Dumbledore sighed. "Harry, we need to talk."

"No," I said, still staring without seeing. "Let me leave."

"No." Now Dumbledore was stubborn. "Harry, there are things I need to speak with you about. And Sirius wants to come see you as well, so I need to talk before he gets here."

Sirius was coming. The thought made everything a little more bearable.

Percy had warned me. "Sirius isn't there," he had said. "Don't trust the elf."

"Someone is going to die tonight."

Percy said all those things. And I didn't believe him. I trusted a dream over someone who payed the price.

And I felt awful.

Would he only be another name on a long list of people to die against Voldemort?

"Harry," Dumbledore said, bringing me back. "I know you feel guilty. But Percy was ready to die for the cause once he started working here. He was immediately put into the Order and chose his own subject. He knew more about Voldemort than even myself, and I regret that I did not listen to him either. Percy Jackson was a good man, but few people even listen to him. A sad thing, for if I had, you would not have been tempted to go. He warned me against letting you go through this alone, and like the foolish old man I am, I ignored him. And in doing so, you suffered."

He looked at me again. His eyes so close to tears, and I realized that I wasn't the only person Percy and Annabeth's death affected.

I sat down in a chair and waited for him to explain.

He told me about it all.

Horcruxes, my link to Voldemort (though he said he doesn't know how I got it), background information on Percy and Annabeth.

"I notified Chiron," Dumbledore had told me, "He will explain to the camps."

When we finally were done speaking, I left in wait of Sirius. Dumbledore said he would call me to his office when he arrived.

I found Hermione, Ron, Neville and Ginny around the fire in the Common Room. Luna must've been back at Ravenclaw Common Room.

Hermione immediately ran for me and wrapped me in a hug. "Oh Harry! We were worried sick when you didn't come back with us! Are you okay?" Her words were rapid fire, barely giving me time to think about the last word she says.

"I'm fine, just speaking with Dumbledore."

I looked around, wishing I could tell them everything, but he had said I need to keep this to myself. Who knows what would happen if word got out.

Hermione looked around at the others. "Okay then." She regarded me for a moment. She nodded as if she knew what was going on inside my head. Then said, "Harry, death isn't thought of as something good. But it's needed. Imagine a world without death. There'd be nothing to live for. No reason to carry on. Some people try to hide from death, but others embrace it; welcome death as a best friend, simply because they don't wish to go on. I think that's what went through their heads. They've lived. They made their unmistakable mark. And now they've died."

I looked at her, thinking about the words. Then I nodded.

It sounded right.

And a whole lot like she was trying to make a quote.

Nobody died.

Well, they kind of did but I meant no one died.

There we go.

:)

Love y'all

Samigirl

Percy Jackson-The New Hogwarts TeacherOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara