Deleted Scene: Chapter 7.5 Malfoy

I couldn't resist. I wanted to do another, and this sounded like the perfect one to try out. It's short, but I think it does the trick.

Recap from chapter 7:

"Make sure you put [your weapon] in your spot. Otherwise you might not see it again. And a fair warning." The class looked at him eagerly.

"I highly advise against tampering with any of the weapons in this room. Let's just say you will regret it later."

Hehehehehe

Malfoy made sure to wait until five minutes before curfew to head back to the Slytherin common room; he wanted as little chance as possible of being seen, and it was rather obvious to him that Professor Jackson would want to catch up on sleep.

Therefore, his threat about disturbing the weapon rack would prove useless.

Malfoy was annoyed and angry with Potter managing to get him in trouble with a teacher before they even arrived at school. He planned to even the score tonight.

With one minute until curfew, Malfoy quietly slipped into the Defenseless Against the Dark Arts classroom and shut the door. He cast a lumos charm and quickly set out for the weapons rack.

Draco had a little difficulty ensuring he had the right sword in mind before casting his spell.

It was a simple spell, even a third year could do it. It was simply meant to make the sword unbearably heavy to its wielder.

Or, at least, that was the plan.

Draco did not expect the spell to rebound before it got within a foot of Potter's sword and hit him straight in the chest.

Draco landed hard on the classroom floor, his whole body pained. He tried to sit up, but he was unable to move anything more than his head, fingers, and toes.

Malfoy's eyes widened dramatically. He was caught by his own spell on the floor of a classroom whose teacher didn't react to threats involving Draco Malfoy's father.

He gulped. This was going to be a long night.

•••

On the bright side, Professor Jackson had a sense of humor, and let him go free with only three days detention and a comment about Malfoy's likeness to a turtle.