Chapter 7 Hermoine's POV

I don't own any of the characters. All rights go to Rick Riordan and J. K. Rowling. Except for the plot. That is mine.

"Go," Annabeth had said. Then Percy pulled out a pen. Malfoy laughed until he saw it transform into a 3-foot long bronze sword. Annabeth pulled out an ebony sword. It was made of bone! I wondered what kind of creature supplied it.

They fought like demons. Percy thrusted, parried, sliced, and tried to disarm her countless times. She did all the same except for thrusting. Anytime Percy did, she eyes him liked he committed a crime and then he would smile.

Whenever one gained the upper hand, the other somehow leveled them out. When I thought this battle would go on forever, Percy disarmed Annabeth and before anyone could react he had his sword on her throat.

"I win."

She put her hands up in defeat. He took his sword away. The class was in shock at the fighting.

Percy faced the class again. "Hopefully you figured out that I wouldn't put you with a person to fight until you know the basics. This first lesson will be mainly picking out the weapon. Trust me when I say the feel of the blade is everything. Two lines. One to Annabeth and one to me. If one side doesn't work try the other. And don't be upset if you can't find one today. It took me a month. And here we have more put away if we need them."

Everyone spilt into their groups. Harry, Ron, and I went to Percy.

When we got up to him I said, "That was amazing! How did you fight like that? It was almost as if you didn't feel pain!"

He smiled and said, "That was when I was 15/16." At my confused look he added, "Inside joke. And a lot of practice."

It took a good five swords when I finally got a bronze weapon that leafed at the end. It for my hand perfectly. I swung it a little and grinned.

"It suits you," Percy announced. "Now go sit down so I can work with the others."

I sat down at my desk, sword in hand. Soon Harry joined me followed by Ron. They both had bronze blades too. Ron's was a little shorter than Harry's but the same shape. The rest of the class was soon outfitted with weaponry. Malfoy's was black and almost like a staff. Looking at it made me shiver.

Percy got up again and declared, "Guys looks like that's all the time we have today. Next time I'll show you how to blunt the sword so you don't chop an arm off or something. For now put them away over there." He gestured to a wall full of spaces to put them; each with a little name tag.

"Make sure you put yours in your spot. Otherwise you might not see it again. And a fair warning." The class looked at him eagerly.

"I highly advise against tampering with any of the weapons in this room. Let's just say you will regret it later."

And with that, class was dismissed.