37. Lunar Ellipse

Beacon Hills Animal Clinic

Deaton reenters the room, holding a large black coffee, barely managing to keep his eyes open.

Your sat on the floor, your legs stretched out, Lydia's head laid in your lap, Isaac's body was slumped against yours, his head resting on your shoulder, the three of you barely awake at this point.

Allison's face is pale as she is the first of the three to open her eyes.

Still in the steel bathtub, Allison awakens with a gasp as she leaps forward out of the water.

Stiles and Scott jump up too, attracting the attention of you, Isaac, Deaton and Lydia.

"I saw it. I know where it is" Scott rushes as he explains to the group.

You grabbed a towel, wrapping it around Allison's shoulders, pulling her into your body to warm her up.

"We passed it. There's - there's a stump ... this huge tree -- well, it's not huge anymore, it was cut down -- but it's still big, though ! Very big !" Stiles described.

You and Lydia glanced at each other, Allison noticed the evident surprise on your facial features.

"It was the night we were looking for the body --" Scott began telling the story.

"Yeah, the same night you were bitten by Peter" Stiles interjected.

"I was there, too, in the car with my mother. We almost hit someone" Allison adds to the conversation.

"It was me -- you almost hit me. We can find it" Scott turned his attention to you, Lydia, Isaac and Deaton.

"... What ?" Allison looked up at you, recognising that you all shared a similar expression of confusion and relief.

"You guys were out a long time ..." Isaac reluctantly began to explain.

"How long is a long time ?" Stiles waited for a response.

"... Sixteen hours" You muttered.

"We've been in the water for sixteen hours ???" Scott incredulously ran his fingers through his damp hair.

"And the full moon rises in less than four" Deaton nodded.

Ten minutes later

"No, dude -- you are not going back with them" Stiles disagreed with Scott.

"I made a deal with Deucalion --" McCall shrugged.

"Does anyone else think that sounds alot like a deal with the devil ?" Stiles interrupted his best friend.

"Why does it matter, anyway ?" Isaac handed a towel to Scott.

"Because I still don't think we can beat Jennifer without their help" Scott defends his decision.

"He trusts you more than anyone -- tell him he's wrong" Allison pleaded with Deaton.

"I'm not so sure he is ... Circumstances like this sometimes require that you align with people you'd normally consider enemies" Dr Deaton agreed with Scott.

"Deucalion is our best option right now. Believe me, I want to see him dead more than anyone here but Scott and Deaton are right. We can't defeat Jennifer without their help. As much as I hate to admit it ... we need them" You placed your hand on Allison's shoulder.

"So, we're gonna trust him -- the guy that calls himself death, destroyer of worlds -- we're gonna trust that guy ?" Isaac exasperatedly looked between the three of you.

"I wouldn't trust him, no. But, you could use him to your advantage. Deucalion may be the enemy, but he could also be the bait" Deaton suggested.

"A means to an end ... Anyone got any better ideas ?" You scanned the rest of the group, they all remained silent.