86. Radio Silence

Y/N's Apartment

"Shouldn't you have told Melissa ?" Lydia gets out of the driver's seat, helping you climb out of the passenger side.

"Probably" You admitted, she wrapped her arm around your waist to steady you.

"Why aren't you healing ?" Lydia enquired, locking your car.

"I have an idea but I can't be sure until I check" You pushed open the front door to the apartment building.

Lydia aided you in climbing the stairs, taking them one at a time until you arrived at your apartment, she unlocked the door, placing the keys on the table.

"Bedroom ?" Lydia questioned, closing the door behind the two of you.

"No ... Can you take me to the bathroom ?" You gestured to the room, she nodded.

You leant against the sink, she looked you up and down, unsure what you needed from her.

"Help me get my jersey off" You began to take it off, she pulled it over your head, discarding it on the floor.

"Now what ?" Lydia saw a mysterious green mist coming from the whip wounds.

"There's a bottle on the top shelf in that cabinet behind you. I need the one with no label on it" You informed her.

"This one ?" Lydia held the small bottle up in the air.

"Yeah" You nodded, she unscrewed the lid, handing it to you.

"I know this is gonna sound really bizarre, Lydia ... but I need honey, a bowl and a spoon from the kitchen" You informed her.

She nodded, returning with the items you'd asked for moments later.

You put the items in the bowl in the correct order, squeezing some honey in, you use the spoon to stir it.

"Okay. Now rub it into the wounds" You instructed, she skeptically did as asked, you leant your head back against the wall.

"What was that stuff ?" Lydia noticed that the wounds has begun to heal.

"They're called the nine sacred herbs. Deaton told me what order to mix them"  You shrug.

"So, that's it ? No more toxins ?" Lydia placed her hand on your chest.

"Pretty much" You pant heavily, leaning down to press your lips to hers.

Lydia smiled into the kiss, wrapping her arms around your neck, your hand cups her cheek, the two of you only pull away when the need for air becomes too great.

Beacon Hills Highschool

"The corpus callosum is not only the largest white matter structure in the brain, but also the bridge connecting all parts of the brain to each other. The ability for all parts of the brain to communicate and to work together help us make leaps in cognitive thinking. Any questions ? Thoughts ? Insight ? Lydia ?" Mrs Finch walked beside the desk you and Lydia are sitting at.

"... I completely agree" Lydia nodded, her gaze still out the window.

"Is there something outside that's more fascinating than the structure of the human mind ?" Mrs Finch enquired.

"No ... I don't think so ... No" Lydia shook her head.

"Okay, good. Now, many people credit the corpus callosum, uh, for giving us a sense of intuition, gut instinct, that even we ourselves aren't aware --" Mrs Finch continued.

"I'm sorry, I'll be right back" Lydia gets up and leaves the room.

"I'm gonna check if she's okay ..." You grabbed your bag, following Lydia.