66. A Novel Approach

Beacon Hills Highschool

"Stiles ?" You walked up behind him, placing a hand on his shoulder to indicate your arrival.

He'd frantically called you, asking for you to come to the school.

You noticed Donovan, a pole stabbed through his chest, Stiles puts the phone down after he called 911.

"What the hell happened ?" You stepped closer to the body, examining the blood and mercury leaking from the wound.

"He - he was trying to - to kill me ... I didn't mean to" Stiles shakily admitted.

"I know" You nod, quickly using something to block the door.

Stiles walked over to the body, you followed him, Stiles takes his phone from Donovan's jacket, ignoring the call from Malia.

"You did the right thing, Stiles. You called it in. You could've left him here for someone else to find but you didn't. You called me and you called 911. We just need to make sure we aren't here when someone comes to collect the body" You explain to him.

Stiles stared at Donovan blankly, horrified by what he'd done.

"Stiles ! Look at ne !" You instructed him, turning his head so he was forced to face you.

"You didn't do anything wrong. It was self defence. You didn't know that pole was gonna kill him" You place your hand on his shoulder.

He nods, you grab his hand, guiding him out into the parking lot.

"My Jeep ..." He gestured to the open bonnet, you grabbed the leads, attaching them to the correct places, the car engine turned on.

"Okay. We'll talk about this tomorrow. For now, go home and get some sleep. Make sure to wash the blood off your hands" You explain what he needs to do.

"I - I killed Donovan" Stiles muttered, climbing into his Jeep.

"You didn't do it on purpose. This wasn't your fault. Say it, Stiles !" You heard the sirens of a Deputy car in the distance.

"It's not my fault" He repeated, you nodded, getting into your own car, turning the key in the ignition, driving towards your apartment.

Y/N's Apartment / McCall House

"Hey" You answered your phone, reading Scott's called ID.

"Hey. How soon can you get to the animal clinic ?" He enquired.

"Ten minutes. Why ?" You shrugged.

"Someone's breaking in. Me and Kira will meet you there" Scott ended the call before you had chance to question him further.

You sighed, washing your hands to remove Donovan's blood, grabbing your car keys.

Beacon Hills Animal Clinic

"Scott ?" Stiles answered the phone to his best friends, you examine where Tracy's body had been laid.

"Stiles, someone's taking the bodies. Stiles ? You there ?" Scott enquired after a minute of silence.

"Yeah, um... Where ? What are you talking about ?" Stiles snapped out of his thoughts.

"I'm at the animal clinic with Y/N and Kira. Tracy's body is gone. The lock on the door was broken from the outside. And my mom just told me Lucas' body went missing from the morgue. They've been searching the whole hospital for it. Someone's stealing the bodies" Scott explained, Stiles nods, the two of them day their goodbyes.

"Who would want to steal dead bodies ?" Kira enquired.

"The people who created them" You offered.

"You think it was the people in masks ?" Scott questioned.