51. 117

Beacon Hills Animal Clinic

"Wow ..." Deaton helps you and Scott lay Derek down on the table.

"Wow ? Wow, as in, I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do - kind of wow ? 'Cause that's the kind we were hoping for ..." Stiles wrapped the blanket around Derek's body to keep him warm.

"I think you might be overestimating my abilities" Deaton grabs a medical torch.

"He's cold -- really cold" Lydia holds his hand.

"Do you think this is permanent ?" Scott looked to his boss for advice.

"I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience" Deaton flashed the light in Derek's eyes to check his reaction.

"All I can tell is he's been physically reversed to appear and act like his younger self. Based on what he looks like, I'm gonna guess he's about 16 -- Unfortunately, that means I can't bring him back" You explained to the group.

"Why not ? You're his cousin. Won't he recognise you ?" Stiles enquired.

"He recognises my name but not my face. The me that he would recognise is ten years old" You informed him.

"So, what do we do with him ?" Stiles gestured to Derek's barely conscious body.

"Until he wakes up ? Probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here" Deaton reassured the four of you.

"You mean, from Kate ?" Stiles asked.

"If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate" Deaton referred to the mountain ash barrier surrounding the clinic.

"Why would she want to do this to him ?" Lydia quiried.

"Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her" Deaton noticed that Derek had gripped Lydia's hand tighter.

"And bad for everyone else" Stiles nods.

"You guys should probably go home. He doesn't look to be in any danger ... So, maybe the rest of you should get some sleep ? It is a school night, and you all need to start taking care of your own lives again" Deaton suggested.

"Someone should stay with you ..." Scott offered.

"I'll stay. My grades are fine, despite missing a few classes" Lydia offered.

"I'm so not okay with this ..." Stiles shook his head in refusal.

"What's he gonna do, squeeze her to death ?" You nodded to his hand, linked with your best friends.

"Guys, go" Lydia reassured she'd be fine.

"No --" Stiles folded his arms over his chest.

"Text us if anything happens" Scott interrupts.

"Nope ! Still not okay with it. Not going anywhere" Stiles argued, petulantly.

You and Scott began to drag him out of the clinic, using your advanced strength as an advantage.

"All right, just 'cause you're stronger ..." He groans.

Beacon Hills Highschool

"It might surprise you to know that some of history's greatest leaders have had to endure some pretty great failures. One you'll recognize from last night's reading failed in business, had a nervous breakdown, was defeated for both houses of Congress, and lost as Vice-President before he was finally elected as one of the greatest presidents that this country has ever seen. Who was he ?" Ken began teaching.