69. Ouroboros

Beacon Hills Preserve

You, Scott and Malia have arrived at lookout point.

Scott roared, hoping that Liam would be able to hear him.

"There's no scent. No tracks. No way to find 'em" Scott aimed defeatedly.

"But Liam can howl back, right ?" Malia enquired.

"Only if he heard me ..." Scott mumbled.

"We'll find them, Scott. They're gonna be okay" You reassured him.

Y/N's Apartment / McCall House

"Melissa ?" You answered your phone, placing  your notebook ontop of your desk.

"Yeah, it's me. You need to get to the station" She informed.

"What ? Why ?" You enquired.

"They've found another body" She explained.

"Is it another Chimera ?" You questioned.

"I don't know. How soon can you get there ?" Melissa quiried.

"Fifteen minutes. Have they got any suspects in mind ?" You grabbed your car keys.

"Yeah, they've arrested someone" Melissa taps his finger against the kitchen island.

"Then why do you need me ? I usually work out who the killer is" You lock the front door to your apartment.

"Because they arrested Kira" Melissa sighed.

"Okay, I'm on my way" You ended the call.

Beacon County Sheriff's Station

You climb out of your car at the same time Noshiko and Ken get out of theirs.

"What are you doing here ?" Noshiko turned to you.

"Melissa called" You shrugged, following the two of them into the station.

"Somebody get these cuffs off of her. If she was actually involved, it was self-defense" The Sheriff addressed Deputy Clark. 

"That's correct, Sheriff" Ken agreed.

"Dad ..." Kira glanced over at the three of you.

"Don't say anything. The sword is mine" Ken informed the Sheriff.

"Really ?" Sheriff Stilinski scoffed.

"No, it's not -- it's mine" Kira argued.

"I was attacked in my home. I grabbed a replica sword from my collection and defended myself" Ken explained.

"And how exactly did the body end up at the McCalls' house ?" The Sheriff enquired.

"Apparently, she wasn't quite dead" Noshiko steppes in.

"Sheriff, I have a call in to my lawyer. If you need to take me into custody, I'm happy to surrender myself" Ken offered.

"This is what you're gonna go with ? This is your story ?" The Sheriff lowered his voice so only the three of you could hear.

"Are you prepared to tell a different one ?" You questioned, he sighed, shaking his head.

Down the hall

You and Deputy Clark have moved to somewhere private, she said she wanted to talk so you agreed.

"Have you seen Hayden ?" She questioned.

"She's working a double at Sinema tonight" You shrugged.

"I asked if you'd seen her. Not if you knew where she was" She sighed.