62. Creatures Of The Night

Martin House

You and Lydia are laid on her bed watching a movie, she has her head rested on your chest and you have your arms wrapped around her.

"Thank you for tonight" Lydia pressed pause on the movie as the credits began to roll.

"It's our first real date. Your favourite diner and your favourite film felt like a good place to start" You stood, unplugging the TV.

"I suppose that's the good thing about dating your best friend. You already know what they like" Lydia walked over to you.

You smiled, kissing her softly, she guides you over to the bed, pushing you onto it, refusing to pull her lips away from yours.

She straddled your waist, wrapping her arms around your neck, you grab her by the waist, you lean back onto the bed, pulling her down with you.

"I should get changed, babe. I'm a little overdressed for Senior Scribe" Lydia detached her lips from yours.

"You look beautiful, love" You compliment, she climbed off the bed, heading over to her wardrobe.

"This is probably more suitable" She holds up  dark blue shorts and a lighter blue shirt.

"Probably ... You can have my jacket if you get cold" You offer, she headed into the bathroom to change.

You're wearing your white adidas shirt and a pair of blue ripped jeans, your leather jacket's hung on the back of the door.

"Have you seen my bag ?" Lydia exits the bathroom, wearing the new outfit and her black leather watch.

You reached across the bed, grabbing the bag for her, holding it in the air.

"This one ?" You enquired, she nodded, taking it from you.

"You sure you don't want me to take you ?" Lydia tossed your jacket to you, you caught it,  sliding it on.

"Yeah" You nodded, taking her hand, pulling her close to you, her hand rests on your chest.

"Is my driving that bad ?" She places her free hand on your shoulder, a smile tugging at her lips.

"No. I just need to head to my apartment and grab something" You kiss her cheek, standing up and heading over to the door.

She walked to you, pressing her lips to yours briefly, leaning her forehead against yours.

"Drive carefully" She warned, you nodded.

"I will. I'll meet you at the school" You walked past Natalie, smiling at her, walking out the front door.

Y/N's Apartment

You closed the front door, you take your phone from your pocket, dialling Braeden's number.

"Hello ?" She answered the phone, not recognising the number calling her.

"Hey" You greeted her, sitting down on the edge of your bed.

"Y/N ?" She quickly realised who was on the other end of the line.

"Yeah. I need you to do a job for me" You inform her.

"What type of job ?" She enquired.

"I want you to find someone for me" You lean over, grabbing your purse from your bedside table, shoving it inside your jacket pocket.

"Do you have a name ?" She questioned.

"I only have a code name -- The Desert Wolf" You read from the piece of paper infront of you.