85. Relics

McCall House

"That's how he got in ?" Corey looked at the black spot of the ceiling.

"What is it ?" Liam enquired.

"It's a point of impact from a lightning strike. Usually you'd find charred spots like that on the ground after a violent thunderstorm" Mason explained.

"That's how the Ghost Riders got in. He rode the lightning" Scott's eyes widen as he nods.

"If they can use lightning to pass the Mountain Ash ..." Liam sighed.

"Nowhere's safe" You added, examining the roof.

"What about the others ? It's my fault they're marked" Corey rubbed the back of his neck.

"We'll find a way to protect them. All of them" Scott reassured.

Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital

Melissa is using a pincer to remove Chris's bullet from Malia's leg, Malia growls in pain, you and Chris are holding her down.

"Keep her still" Melissa instructed.

"The morgue ? I'm not dead yet" Malia bites her lip.

"You're a werecoyote. It's private down here and this is going to hurt. Try not to roar" Melissa explained.

You grasp Malia's arm, Chris grabs the other, he groans in pain.

"Have you got anything for the pain ?" Chris enquired.

"No. I can take it" Malia shakes her head.

"It's for me" He corrected.

"You're not the one who got shot" You retort, he rolls his eyes.

"What were you doing in the woods ?" Melissa quiried.

"Running" Malia shrugged.

"At 2 am ?" Melissa rose an eyebrow.

"Coyotes are nocturnal. I heard screams -- like someone being murdered - type screams" Malia informed.

"Did you see anything ? Catch a scent ? Find any tracks ?" You questioned.

"Just blood. And that's all I remembered until someone shot me !" Malia growls.

"You were about to tear us apart" Melissa argued.

"It's not her fault. When a coyote smells a fresh kill, its senses are overcome. The blood drives it crazy" Chris shrugged.

Malia grabs your arm tighter from the pain, you growl under your breath.

"Can you hurry up, please ? I'd rather not have a broken arm" You enquired.

"Sorry. It's pretty deep. I'm trying not to damage ..." Melissa apologised.

Before Melissa can finish, Malia grabbed Chris's arm harder, causing him to yell pain, she grits her teeth and rips out the bullet, breathing heavily.

"Here's your bullet back" She hands it to him, angrily. 

Beacon Hills Highschool

Lydia shows Jake Sullivan's ID to you, Scott and Malia.

"It's a relic" She informed.

"What's a relic ?" Malia enquired.

"An object with a fix association to the past. Jake's ID was left behind after he was taken and Gwen found her sister's bracelet on her bedroom floor" Lydia explained.

"How can someone be erased and still leave something behind ?" Malia enquired.

"Conservation of mass. The total of mass of any isolated system remains constant" You explained.