||1. ||

•||Ch 1: Return||•

||FAISAL||

"You are leaving so soon?"

There were traces of sadness in her voice.

I paused while packing my suitcase then turned to look at my beautiful lady, looking back at me with a small sad smile. I left my packing halfway and turned my body towards her.

"I'll miss you," She whispered, crossing her legs and patting beside her.

I sat beside her and put my arm around her small fragile body.

"I'll miss you too," I whispered back, kissing her head.

I grabbed her hand and played with the ring on her finger. It was a ring that I gave her declaring her as my fiance. It hadn't been a week, before I received a call from my mother.

"Wait for me. After I handle everything back at home, I'll take you to meet my family," I told her, patting her hand then stood up, continuing the packing.

If not for my father getting a stroke and everything messed up in my family, I wouldn't return back any time soon and that too without my girl, Saba.

Two arms wrapped around me from behind, making me still. With a helpless smile, I closed my eyes and pulled her in front.

"I don't care how much of a mess is your family. Please take me with you. I'll keep you company and might help you too," She mumbled, pressing her face on my chest.

"Please try to understand me. I don't want to involve you in the dirt of my family. And I might not be able to give you time there, with all the company matters I have to take care," I tried to make her understand, pulling her short black hair behind her ear and taking in her scent.

"I understand..," She said in a small voice and pulled away from me, sitting back on my bed.

My arms felt empty without her. A sigh escaped from my lips thinking about how I would be able to spend time without hugging her, even for once a day.

I shook my head and quickly packed my suitcase before turning to her, giving her my complete attention.

"I really understand you, Faisal. I'm not trying to be clingy but… you are the only one I have in this whole world. And this is the first time we are separating," She said, looking down at her nails.

Shit!

I was making her feel insecure and this was the thing I wanted her to feel or experience again.

I strode towards her and sat beside her, putting my hands on her face and making her look in my eyes.

"You are not clingy, Saba. And I'm not leaving you alone forever. I'll return soon to take you back. You will never lose me, I promise," I told her, staring in her eyes without blinking.

Her eyes pulled me towards her while I was caressing her cheeks. Without thinking twice, I leaned towards her lips and closed the distance.

This was our very first kiss. I wanted her to experience every beautiful thing after our marriage and our first kiss too. But my impulse got the best of me and sealed our first kiss.

Slowly, I pulled away from the short kiss, panting lighting while her face was flushed with the color of shyness. She opened her eyes slowly and stared back at me while her eyelashes fluttered in shyness, her chest rose up and down as she tried to breath through her slightly parted lips.

"My kisses are all for you, Saba. Once I'm done with everything, I'll take you straight to the marriage court and shower you with all my kisses till death," I whispered, rubbing her lower lip with my thumb.

DING-DING-DING

The beautiful and hot atmosphere which had just begun was soon cut off by the doorbell. I pulled away from her and stood up slowly.

"I see," I cleared my throat and went out of my bedroom to check.

I checked on the security camera before opening the door. It was the thing I was most waiting for before leaving.

"There's your new family member, Mr. Malik."

I took my small fluffy member from him and signed on the last paper.

"Who's here, Faisal?"

Saba's voice came as I was closing the door. With a grin I turned around with a fluffy member on my arms.

"Meow!"

Saba paused and stared in my arms in surprise before looking back at me in excitement.

"Oh my God! It's a she or he?" She asked, stepping near me and putting the back of her hand near the kitty in my arms.

"It's a she," I told her, warmly as little kitty rubbed her face on Saba's hand in affection.

"It's a Russian Blue cat. As it grows, it's eyes color will change too. What do you want to call this little kitty?" I asked while the kitty jumped from my arms towards Saba and purred lazily.

Saba looked surprised again and the shine in her eyes which disappeared because of the news of my return, came back, giving life to her eyes once again.

"Duchess."

With a smile, I bent down to Duchess level and patted on her head.

"I am giving my Saba to you, Duchess. So be her company till I return."

• • •

"How is he?" I asked, staring at my sleeping father on the hospital bed.

After landing, I rushed straight to the hospital to check on him. Because I knew I would not have any time to rest since landing here.

After returning from London to Pakistan, what was waiting for me was a huge responsibility which many people were eyeing.

"Better than before. Out of danger. But if those people continue to interrupt, it can worsen again," Dad's assistant, Tariq, answered me.

I nodded my head and went out of the room.

Even if I didn't want to take this responsibility, neither mom nor dad would let me run away.

"The company is currently dividing into many factions. But right now the strongest one is Mr. Ghafoor's. Many shareholders are also siding with him," Tariq explained to me the ins and outs of the company.

"Take me home," I told him, while getting in the car.

Initially I wanted to go to the company but I changed my decision. It would not be so easy to take the control so suddenly.

I took my phone out and unlocked it. I felt my hardened eyes turned soft, staring at the wallpaper of Saba.

With a small smile, I dialed the number of my friend who just returned to Pakistan before me.

"Hello, Saim."

...........

Assalamualaikum. Hi.

Here's the rewritten first chapter.

If you like this chapter, consider giving it a vote and feedback.

Till next time.