||27.||

•||Chapter 27: Lost consciousness||

•||Chapter 27: Lost consciousness||•

|| A N M O L ||

"Anything, Anmol. Anything but not this," He whispered, shaking his head.

I stared at him as his eyes held pain in them and filled with tears. His tears were enough for me to soften my heart and have a second feeling.

"Ask me anything. But not this," He forced out his voice and stepped back.

"Why? If you don't divorce me then," I whispered with a smile then moved my head to glance at Jun, "then how will I and Jun marry each other?"

It was only his heart would be pierced, my heart was equally piercing with these words or maybe more than him. The box and paper bag fell on the road from his hands as he stared at me in disbelief.

"Don't say this please," He requested with his hands hanging down on his sides and clenching them tightly in a fist.

His face turned pale as my smile widened a little. I took a step near him and looked into his eyes without any hesitation or showing my inner turmoil.

"Why? Doesn't it hurt here?" I asked him, jabbing my finger on his chest where his heart lay and pound heavily.

"Then think how much Saba must have been hurt when she saw us getting married! How much I was hurt when I came to know about your hidden engagement!" I gave him a push with both hands, pushing him away from me.

He staggered a few steps back and stared at me with his mouth open to speak then closed again.

"You can leave her for a good opportunity and marry me then what's a proof that you'll not do the same to me? Huh! What's a guarantee you will not leave me when you find a better deal than me?" I finally asked him what was in my heart, aloud.

I pressed my slightly quivering lips together and titled my head back a little, looking up at the sky for a second with a smile. I shook my head with a chuckle feeling so helplessly pathetic.

Who would have believed that I was the same woman who raised her own empire from scratch but ended up getting betrayal in love?

The same woman that was standing at the top of her empire yesterday had now fallen to the lowest point in love.

Love seriously makes anyone weak, even the strongest of the strong.

"So before you leave me for a better opportunity, I demand divorce from you. I want to end-"

He wrapped his hands around my arms and pulled me towards in a hug, cutting my words midway. He held me in his arms tightly but not suffocatingly and buried his head in the crook of my neck.

"Please don't. I'll die without you," He pleaded with hurt in his voice.

I clenched my fists tightly, letting the nails pinch in my palms to keep me awake from my inner turmoil.