||28.||

•||Chapter 28: Please... Not Him||•

|| A N M O L ||

|| A N M O L ||

All my struggles to break free were useless. I was pulled to a room and stopped struggling while thinking of any plan to break free and observing my dark surroundings.

But all of sudden...

The surroundings changed and the room lit up with loud shouts echoing in the four corners of the room.

"Surprise!"

The clothed hand moved from my mouth as I froze on my spot and stared at the people in front of me blankly. Mehrun, Laraib and some of their friend's stood in front of me with excitement and wished me a happy birthday.

"Happy Birthday to you. Happy birthday to dear Anmol."

I moved my eyes from them and looked at the man standing me in black clothes, with a sheepish smile on his playful face. I breathed out calmly and gave him a tight smile then turned to my other friends.

"Seriously!! I wasn't expecting this."

As much as I was appearing calm, I wasn't from inside. My heart was scared to its last breath and was expecting something bad to happen. As I calmed my heart, Mehrun and Laraib wrapped their arms around me.

"Sorry for the prank," They both whispered in my ears, hugging me tightly.

The racing heart and heaved breath finally calmed down under their soft and gentle touch around me, filling me with warmth.

"It was unexpected," I whispered with a mixture of surprise and gratitude.

I thought I had to celebrate this alone with my own company and I was ready to let the last hour complete to end this day. But now looking at this beautiful surprise that caught me off guard, I felt a tug in my heart. A tug of love and a tug of regret.

Love for this beautiful surprise they arranged for me and how Mehrun traveled from London to Pakistan for my birthday. Regret for not having anyone from my family to celebrate my birthday with me.

It was the first birthday without my dadu and after my marriage. But suddenly my heart filled with a little void remembering those who weren't with me. There was a touch of loneliness somewhere buried in my heart and craving for someone.

"Ahem! Cake," Jun cleared his throat and pointed towards the cake before slipping away from my sight.

Well I would deal with him at home. Before cutting the cake, Mehrun and Laraib both put a birthday crown and sash on me then made me stand in front of the cake for pictures. After taking countless pictures, they finally let me cut a cake.

They rented this place for a whole day to celebrate my birthday till the dawn of morning. Playing endless games, nonstop photo sessions, eating snacks and gossiping about every random thing.