||30.||

•||Chapter 30: Marriage||•

|| S A B A ||

"Hm. Who?" I asked in confusion, looking at Duchess who was nibbing Saad's arm.

Our wedding was just a week away and all the preparations were finally done. All thanks to him, his family and Maham's. They all let me sit back and enjoy the process of selecting dresses and jewelry for my big day while they were busy with venues, decorations, catering, and lists of guests.

"Faisal."

I raised my eyes up at him and watched his expressions but there weren't any on his handsome face.

"Oh!" I answered him simply without taking my eyes away from him.

His expressions flickered as his eyelashes trembled but he didn't lift his head for once. I suppressed the smile that was itching to dance on my lips.

"So.. was this the purpose of your visit?" I asked him, hiding the teasing in my serious and stern voice.

Watching him tensed in my stern voice, I bit my smile but failed as he jolted his head up with wide eyes that carried fear. I broke into small fits of giggles under his squinted eyes. Then he sighed helplessly and looked at me with a gentleness in his eyes. I stood up and approached him, sitting beside him and taking his face in my hands.

"If you are thinking that I will feel something for him after knowing about his accident, then you are not completely wrong. I do feel concerned but it is at the level of humanity, not that deep concern that I once had for him. Since you entered my life, I have stopped thinking about him."

I told him, looking deep into his eyes and letting him know all my feelings today so that he would never feel insecure in future.

"I had long put a full stop on my feelings when he married Anmol. I wish nothing for them, just happiness but what I wish for us, you and me, is more than happiness and love. You have given me a sense of security, Saad. So how could I think of anyone else when my man is already in my eyes and heart."

His eyes carried so many emotions that changed every second, from disbelief to shock, then to surprise, excitement and in the end affection with tears in them.

"You won't regret marrying me, Saba," He whispered, then pulled me in his arms, putting his head on my shoulder.

"I know," I kissed his temple then added teasingly, "You should be more concerned about Duchess."

He groaned, nuzzling his head on my shoulder, his hair tickling my neck. We stayed in this position for few minutes until Duchess decided to ruin our moment by scratching Saad's hand that was around me.

She didn't stop scratching him until he sat 2 feet away from me. I giggled at her cute behavior as she continued hissing at him.

"She is doing her little duty entrusted by Zayd. You aren't supposed to see me until our official day," I told him, picking Duchess up then glanced at the clock, "You need to leave now. Maham will be here anytime soon to pick me up."