||3.||

•||Chapter 3: Blind Date & Friend||•

||A N M O L||

"Madam, are you coming to the Cricket Tournament this year?"

My assistant's voice sounded from the phone as I was scrolling through the articles on the Elite News Blogs.

.........

"Yes," I answered her, then asked her, "When is the Chief Designer Officer arriving?"

.........

"It was next week but there's an urgent project over there so it's rescheduled one and half month later."

"There's one more thing. M. I. Industry wants to collaborate with us and they made a special request for our executive designer for the upgradation design of their factories."

.........

"Got it. Mail me all their details," I told her then hung up the phone after talking about other ongoing projects.

.........

I put my phone aside then got ready for dinner or a blind date in other words on the request/order of my dadu.

"Are you ready, beautiful lady?" Amira entered my room as I tucked the strand of hair behind my ears.

I hummed with a small smile while picking up my handbag.

"Haven't you all already settled the matter with them?" I asked her, following her out of my room.

"Well...," She trailed off, nervously and looked everywhere awkwardly.

"So what will everyone do if I don't like that potential future husband of mine?" I asked her further, completely knowing that the matter of my marriage was already done between elders and there wasn't any fault of hers.

But the frustration I was feeling inside was trying to find its way out. Thus, she became my target.

"I'm sorry. Really. But in this matter I had no right to interfere. And you also know my mother-in-law and dadu," She whispered, looking down at the floor as we kept walking.

I perused my lips and closed my eyes for a second, then looked, took a deep breath and opened my eyes again.p

"I'm sorry too," I whispered back and silently continued following her out of the house.

Sometimes, times and situations like this made me think about what would happen if my parents were still alive. Would they let them do this to me?

"Here you are, Anmol. Sit inside quickly. We are getting late, dear," Dadu told me, patting my back and opening the back door of the car for me.

I got inside the car silently and looked out of the window, calming the emotions in my heart.

"You are angry at me," Dadu's sad voice sounded in my ears, making me look away from the window at her.