||12.||

•||Chapter 12: Call of Shock||•

|| A N M O L ||

"Do I have a place in your heart?"

He paused and stared at me dumbedfoundly, opening his mouth to reply.

"Forget it."

But I stopped him and laid on the bed, with my back facing him. I closed my eyes while trying to control the tightness of my chest. While thinking of Laraib's threats, I drifted off in restless sleep.

The next morning when I woke up, I was feeling grumpy. Faisal helped me in getting ready then went back to get ready himself.

"I'm sorry for leaving you behind at the party," He whispered, standing behind and looking at me through the mirror while I was applying the lipstick with my fingertip.

I lowered my eyes on my lips and concentrated on my lips color instead of him. When I didn't reply to him, he picked my hairbrush and brushed my hair.

"Why don't I draw you?" He asked me after brushing my hair.

I raised my eyes and gave him my surprise attention.

"Since you can't draw for a period then let me draw you and what you want," He pointed at the small canvas and paints I threw in the corner early morning.

"Ok."

Doubtful of his art skills, I sat on the stool and looked at him patiently. He took out one of the canvas and colors then sat in front, looking at me then moving his hand on the canva. I sat still for half an hour until he was done.

"Here," He handed me the canva on which he painted me after ruining all the colors on the palette.

I wasn't expecting anything better from him but when I looked at the canva, I wanted to throw it back at him.

"Not a great artist like you. But I think I drew better than other non-artists."

Better than other non-artists?

He painted worse than a five year old. I looked up at him with a smile but not a smile and got up, handed him the canva back to him and went back to the room. I took a deep breath and went to the dining room for breakfast.

After breakfast, I wanted to go to my gallery but I couldn't drive there on my own. So I stopped a servant to inform the driver.

"I'll take you wherever you want to go," Faisal came and stood beside me while telling me this.

"Don't you have work?" I asked him softly.

"Sunday. I'm not working today. I'll be in the car."

With this he went away quickly before I denied his help. With a helpless sigh, I went back to the room and took my bag then went out.