||14.||

•||Chapter 14: Warning||•

|| S A B A ||

"He isn't worth your tears," Rachel whispered as we both stepped on our floor.

I ignored her and walked towards our table with my eyes lowered on the floor. She was right but who could make my heart realize this. In the middle of the night, I woke up crying so much that I couldn't breathe.

Why?

Because in my dream I revisited that night of their marriage again, and again I felt the same heartache and betrayal.

"Hello."

I stopped when I heard an unfamiliar voice and raised my eyes to see a man with dark black curly hair and golden round glasses, occupying the space on the assistant table.

"You are?" I asked him slowly.

"Saad. Research Assistant for Ms. Renia." He introduced himself with a dimple smile.

"Rachel and Saba," Rachel came from behind me and sat on her seat then turned to me.

"Oh my! I really want to pull his cheeks. He has a dimple too," She whispered as I sat next to her on my chair.

I turned my laptop on but silently I agreed with her. His dimple and glasses made him look so cute. I focused my attention on my work while Rachel explained to him what we both do.

It was one hour before our lunch when I felt a headache and wanted to have a strong black coffee.

"Black coffee, ladies."

A cup was placed in front of me and Rachel. I looked up gratefully at Saad who was staring with expectations in eyes, smiling at us. My fingers were twitching to touch that dimple of his.

"Thank you so much," I thanked him, feeling relieved for not getting up to make coffee.

"Drink. Drink. And tell me how-"

He was speaking proudly when I took a huge sip of it but found myself unable to swallow or spit.

"-it tastes?" His voice quietened as he was finishing speaking, seeing my reaction.

He took the cup from my hand and took a sip himself, only to spit it back in the cup with a bitter expression.

"That bad? Good I haven't touched it," Rachel said, staring at both of our bitter faces.

Tears were beginning to spill from my eyes as I swallowed it with great difficulty.

"WHO RUINED THE KITCHEN?"

A loud frustrated, angry scream came from the small kitchen on our floor. Our eyes turned to Saad who quickly looked away at random things, scratching his head.

"Oh there is this USB! I need to print these documents," Saad took off like a scalded cat with USB.

I and Rachel turned to look at each other. I looked at her blankly and she bursted into fits of laughter.