||18.||

•||Chapter 18: His Past...?||•

|| A N M O L ||

|| A N M O L ||

I was painting on canva, with Faisal's head on my lap and my 12 inch canva on his chest. We both were on the roof, enjoying the cool breeze of early winter at night. The house was also empty or so, that was how I was feeling since Ash and her family left Pakistan for Australia, and my parents in law went to Bali. There was no one at home other than Faisal, I and servants.

After I was done with painting, I looked at it with a smile then picked it up to show it to Faisal who had to become a statue for me.

"Look!"

"It's us. Just like how you were bending a little to paint and me laying with my head on your lap," He laughed happily and held the canva in his hands like he was holding a small treasure.

"I'm taking it," He told me, putting it aside carefully to dry.

"You need to pay a price first, dear husband," I told him with a smile and extended my hand.

He looked up at me and arched his eyebrow then held my hand. Soon I felt something cool and delicate on my wrist. I stared at the delicate golden chain on my wrist that had 6 small pink sapphire stones in it.

"Not a price but a gift to my beautiful wife," He kissed on my wrist softly.

I felt small butterflies in my stomach at his small action and bit back the grin that was begging to make its way on my lips.

"Then where's my price?" I asked him, looking at him playfully serious.

"Soon," He told me while caressing my cheek with his bandaged hand.

I glanced at his bandaged hand and felt sad for it to be hurt by a scratch of glass at the office. He held his hand and kissed it.

"I'll wait then."

"It's beautiful. I like it," I added, pulling my wrist closer to my eyes to admire the gift.

"Not as beautiful as my wife."

I beamed joyfully and felt elated at his flirty sweet remark.

The next day, Faisal took me to his company so I couldn't feel bored. While he was working, I was scrolling on the Elite Blog News, a very private blog page, on my phone and reading the post of the cricket stadium changing its name during U-19 match. It was the stadium that was under my company, Leal and Irenic, name. This news also trending on Instagram and Twitter, with Haytham's name who was handling the beautiful empire we created together.

Suddenly, my phone began to ring and as I checked the caller ID, a smile was stretched on my lips.

.........

"How's my dear student doing?"

A soft and polite voice came from the other side of the phone.

.........