||9.||

•||Chapter 9: Stealing Her Man||•

|| S A B A ||

It wasn't easy.

It wasn't.

Wishing both of them a happy marriage wasn't easy.

It took my whole courage and will to wish them.

I wiped all the tears that were falling one by one as I sat in the car.

"Something. say they?" Driver, that my company provided asked me in his broken English as he ignited the car.

"No. Personal issues," I answered him and looked out of the window.

I fisted both my hands together on my lap, holding those tears in place and trying to focus on the outside world. Driver played the song which helped me to distract my mind from what happened earlier in the office, but hearing them made me want to cry loudly.

"What kind of song is this?" I asked him, wiping the lone tear that fell from my eye.

"Breakup songs," He answered nonchalantly.

"My wife took separation from me," He whispered, adjusting the volume.

I took a deep breath and leaned my head back on the headrest, closed my eyes. These breakup songs broke my will to control my tears.

When we reached the company building, I went to the washroom first and fixed myself.

"Don't cry for a useless man who never loved you in the first place," Taking a deep breath, I told myself again and again.

I put my fist in my mouth and bit it to stop the sobs that were trying to make a loud noise. It took a long time to get my calm self back but these red eyes were betraying my calmness.

I picked my bag and went to Ms. Renia's office to inform her and convey the message. When I entered the office, there was a man sitting across Ms. Renia, radiating the dangerous and authoritative aura.

"There's she- Did something happen?" Ms. Renia was startled, looking at my face.

The man across from her turned around slowly and also looked at me. His gaze was making me like I was standing on pins. Everything about him was screaming danger.

"Everything's good. I just got a headache. That's all," I cleared my throat to answer her and tried to smile whilst that man had pinned me with his intimidating eyes.

"You should take a rest, dear."

This was why I never wanted to resign from being her assistant. She always balanced professional and personal life rest for herself and people around her. She always took care of us, her assistants.

"It's not that severe."

"If you say so," She turned her attention to the man across from her and introduced us, "She is Saba and Saba, he is Mr. Haytham. Our new CEO."