||Faisal's Deleted POV||

[Note: This POV occurs after chapter 8 and before chapter 13 when Anmol received a call about her Dadu's death]

•||Faisal's Deleted POV||•

|| F A I S A L ||

"I've messed everything up."

"For example?"

I swallowed before opening my mouth and looked at my hands intertwined on my knees.

"My marriage. I'm regretting it."

"Do you know what you are saying?" Dad asked me, slowing down his voice.

"You had two options to choose, Faisal. You made your own choice, completely forgetting that every option carries a consequence and responsibility."

There was a pause but I could tell he was controlling his disappointment in me, in that pause.

"Do you really think you have ever loved that girl?"

This question made me freeze and speechless. It wasn't the first time I was asked this question, Saba asked me too. I lowered my head and closed my eyes tightly, clenching my fists.

"You never told us about her. We talked on the phone once a day everyday, if not once a day then once a week but you didn't even take her name in phone calls."

I felt the suffocation in my heart as dad kept going on, and I realized everything he was telling me was almost true but not loving her...

"Even if you think of not disturbing us but that was your girlfriend at that time which you proposed before coming here. Are you really sure you didn't mix affection with love?"

I looked up at him quickly in shock and surprise. My back was starting to sweat and my heartbeat in panic, thinking how he knew when I never told him.

"I never said anything about her to you... ever... then..." I trailed off.

The wave of shock washed over me after knowing he knew everything but never said a word about it.

"You are assuming how I knew," he chuckled and shook his head with a smile, "Do you really think Anmol's dadu gave her hand to you for marriage without any investigation? Her dadu is a lady of plans, Faisal. Giving you choices was also her idea."

"I know it was my idea regarding your marriage to save you from never-ending problems of our company that my brothers left. But... Do you know I was waiting for you the whole time to confess about your ex fiancé but you never confessed. You came to me, Faisal, instead with the option of marrying Anmol."

"You know why I was waiting? So, I could guide you a little. Since you were a kid, it was always me helping you out and correcting things for you. But then this time instead of coming forward, I wanted you to take responsibility. Now you are running from your responsibility again, Faisal."