||26.||

•||Chapter 26: Game On||•

|| F A I S A L ||

"ANMOL!"

I gasped for breath as I jolted from my sleep after having another dream where I was losing her again. I wiped the sweat from my face with trembling hands and tried to take deep breaths to calm the trembling heart. I looked around the room to recall her memories in this room, her voice when she called me, her smile, everything but nothing was helping.

I even tried to inhale her fragrance but it was long lost. Instead of her sweet memories, the content of the dream replayed in front of my eyes. Her lifeless eyes, her blank smile, her bloodless body and... pool of blood around her. My breath strangnat again with a wave of constant headache coming.

She had been appearing in my dreams since she left me and they were getting worse day by day. Beginning and ending of my dreams were almost the same but the content in it changed. And now all I was dreaming about was her leaving me forever, leaving her body and taking her soul.

My sight blurred with tears welling up in my eyes and trailing down my cheeks and falling on my lap. There was a burning desire inside of desperately hearing her voice for once to know she's alive. With trembling hands, I picked my phone from the nightstand and dialed her number but it was powered off. Knowing she was out of the country, I called her on whatsapp but it was also not ringing.

Seeing this, my breath turned into heavy pants then loud gasps for oxygen, brain turning numb and cold, with cold sweats all over the body. My chest tightened, heart hammering against my ribs, and the room spinning around. I fell backward on the bed as the panic attacks became severe.

I didn't know how long it took to last that episode but when it stopped, I stood up on my staggered feet and stumbled to the door weakly.

Sitting in my car, I rolled the windows down and leaned my lead against the seat, taking deep breaths then turned on the car engine. I drove to her house with light headedness and parked in her neighborhood, staring at her locked gate.

Another day. Another sleepless night. Another night outside her house. Another day waiting for her...

I stayed there until the sun rose and my phone rang. I glanced at the screen quickly, hoping to see the name of one person that had made me restless. But to my disappointment, it was dad calling me this early in the morning.

.........

"Where are you?"

His voice was serious, making me sit up quickly in wonder something serious happened.

.........

"I'm out. Is everything good?"

I gripped my phone tightly.