||16.||

•||Chapter 16: Torturous Silence ||•

|| A N M O L ||

"You never called me your wife aloud," I clenched my fists to hold myself tightly as my heart tightened.

"I.." He became speechless in front of me and couldn't speak anything other than 'I'.

I met his eyes as they stared into mine unfocused and lost. I bit my tongue to divert my emotional hurt into physical hurt.

And my stupid heart, looking and begging for a chance to forgive him again.

I walked past him out of our room to make my heart not think of him. I went on the roof and looked at the night sky. I unlocked my phone and opened the contact list, clicking on Haytham's number.

………

"Tell me honestly. Is there anything that I don't know?"

I asked him when he answered my call. My voice was shaking a little and why wouldn't it when my mind was thinking of the worst outcome.

………

"Why are you asking?"

Instead of replying to my question, he questioned me back.

………

Taking a deep breath, I asked him clearly this time.

"Did Saba really enter the wrong room?"

………

"You don't believe me?"

He asked me with a chuckle.

………

"At this moment. I think I don't want to believe anyone. Even myself," I closed my eyes and answered him.

………

"Take a break from everything. Maybe that'll help… I have a flight to catch. I'll talk to you later."

………

With a bye, he ended the call.

I opened my eyes and went back to the room. He wasn't anywhere in sight, making me lower my guards. I made the bed for myself and laid down, closing my eyes to sleep to forget everything.

Next morning, I was packing my bag when a notification was pushed up on my phone. I checked the notification and was stunned reading a headline of one of the tabloids.

“After such a long steady journey Shah's Company is facing a crisis, since the death of late CEO”

I put everything down in my hand and read the news article slowly. After reading it, I put the phone down and bit my lips, thinking of Faizan Bhai. I quickly made a call to Amira Bhabhi since Faizan Bhai would be very busy at the moment.