||29.||

•||Chapter 29: Deserves a chance||•

|| F A I S A L ||

The happiness didn't last long because her phone rang and the name she took when answering, began to make my insides burn again.

"Yes, Jun?" There was helplessness in her voice as she took that ugly guy's name though her sweet tongue.

I fisted the cover tightly and tried to listen carefully to the other side's voice.

"Oh he..." Finally she looked at me with her beautiful eyes which made my heart up and down, "He is in coma. Don't know when he will wake up. Also the doctor said there's only a 20% chance."

My eyes widened in disbelief as I listened to her telling him all white lies about me and that too right in front of me. My chest heaved and my mouth gaped open as she continued telling him lies.

"What I'll do... of course I'll find someone else then," She told him nonchalantly, making my heart stuffed and suffocated.

"Yes. Yes. I am ok. Completely fine. After all, it's not me dying here," She continued with a smile dancing on her lips.

If she was doing all this intentionally then it was really working on me. She held my eyes till she ended the call.

"Shouldn't you-"

I was interrupted as my parents entered the room. Mom looked just like herself, unfazed, and dad looked guilty as he glanced at mom every now and then.

"It will be solved soon. I am sorry to disturb everyone," Dad apologized to everyone then glanced at mom from the corner of his eye.

Huh! He deserved this. Look how due to him, my wife was happily telling her ugly friend that I was dying.

My parents stayed till evening then left, leaving me alone with my wife again. Since her arrival, she hadn't said a single word to me other than shut up.

"You should also leave. You must be very tired too," I told her gently, seeing the time.

She had been here since morning and hadn't rested for once.

"Dad asked me to stay," She told me, unlocking her phone and scrolling it.

An hour later, she was still on her phone and my eyes were on her, admiring her every moment so openly. It wasn't until Tariq arrived again that I moved my eyes away from her. He handed us dinner cooked by our home chef then gave me a new phone with a new sim and some company documents.

After dinner, I received a message from dad.

From Dad:
Good luck with the opportunity I created for you

I chuckled quietly then sent back a thank you message. When I looked back at Anmol, she was sleeping on the couch. Her face was evidently showing the tiredness. I stood up and moved towards her, bending down at her level. Her curled eyelashes were making my fingers itching to touch them, her small nose was making me trace the bridge of her nose then as my eyes moved further down, my breath hitched.