Chapter 5 - Becoming Nebula

True to Gulla's words, I kept an eye on the La Bella worker. It helped that I really did like her items and ended up buying a few more stuff from her shop. Well, it wasn't exactly her shop. Her mother owned it and made most of the clothes on her off time, which I thought was really unique. Nadine helped her mother out a little bit, but ultimately ran the store with the help of her two older siblings who were going to school for business.

Besides keeping watch on Nadine, my new classmates were all great people. I became especially close with Alya and Marinette, also with Adrien since he was my desk buddy. Nino was also a great guy even though I didn't exactly talk to him much on my off time. The only time I talked to Nino was when he was with Adrien, or he was with Alya.

Instead of going home today, or going to La Bella to visit with Nadine, I made my way towards the park. I had my bento box on hand with snacks. I had wanted to just relax, maybe listen to some tunes while watching the scenery or draw random things that I saw in the park. It was nice being able to do this, and I did it often when I was at my old school.

Sitting at the bench I broke a part a piece of banana for Gulla. Out of sight she munched on the banana piece as I started to sketch out the scenery in front of me. Gorgeous trees and bushes littered the park, as well as flowers that made it all colorful.

"Oh, Lotte!" A familiar voice called, startling me out of my peace. Gulla rushed into her pouch when I glanced up, smiling when I saw a tuft of blond hair walking towards me. Nino was by his side as he gave me a curious look. "I wasn't expecting to see you here!" Adrien beamed at me as he peered over my sketchbook.

Nino whistled while he did the same. "Wow, you got some skills," he commented and I blushed, not used to the compliments. I was used to getting scolded for choosing art over anything. My mother wanted me to go to business or culinary school so that I could further help out at her restaurant, but I didn't want any of that. I already lived my life there and would much rather go my own way into the world.

Even if that meant going against my mothers wishes.

"Thanks," I smiled at him. "Where's the girls? Are they not with you?" Usually Marinette and Alya were with the two, they seemed like a tight knit group.

"Alya wanted to spend some quality time with Mari," Nino shrugged, unbothered. "That's fine with me though. Means I get to spend time with my boy," he wrapped an arm around Adrien's shoulders, giving him a squeeze. I smiled at the scene, almost feeling jealous of their laid-back friendship. I cannot remember the last time I had such a friendship.

Did I ever have that at my old school?

Shaking my head from the thought I went to say something when a crash sounded. Turning my head slightly I saw a bunch of people running away from a scene. I gasped when a few got frozen, and a lady with black hair was floating on some sort of cloud pelting snow. "Come out, come out Ladybug and Chat Noir. Come play with the Ice Queen!" She cackled, freezing another passerby.

"That's not good!" Nino's eyes widened at the scene. "Dudes, we gotta get out of here!" I was already packing my stuff up, making sure Gulla was in place.

"Does this sort of thing happen a lot around here?" I asked, stumbling to keep up with the two boys. I knew I'd have to transform and help once the heroes got here, but there wasn't anyone there at the moment. It made me wonder where Chat Noir and Ladybug were.

"Kind of," Adrien answered vaguely as we ducked behind a wall to get some shelter. "It doesn't where you were?" He wondered, giving me a side-glance.

"I've heard of them happening, but they didn't happen nearly as much." Was my answer, which was true. Maybe because Chat Noir and Ladybug were in this general area, and this was Hawk Moths domain? That could be the viable answer here. I saw it mostly on the news, and my "friends" watched it like it was some sort of reality TV show.