Chapter 19 - Festival of the Arts

"Wow Marinette, this is so cool!" I exclaimed in awe, watching all the booths coming together. Marinette had thought of the idea to make a Festival of the Arts for the students as the Class Rep. We all helped pitch in, and soon the gym was swarming with booths that the students were making.

Marinette giggled, though she was blushing furiously. "Thanks, Lottie!" She grinned, "when I suggested the idea to Miss Bustier she had nothing but good things to say about it! We are an arts school, after all!" She beamed proudly.

A bunch of the students were forming their own booths. Nino was doing a DJ booth, having his set-up and planned to be the host for music. Nathaniel had teamed up with Marcus, a student from another class, to do a comic booth for their superhero comic that they'd been working on. Based on Ladybug and Chat Noir - and all the other superheros that showed up around Paris.

Alya set up a booth for her Ladyblog. People seemed to really enjoy it, and Alya was a really great reporter. Then you had Juleka, Rose, Mylene and Ivan - who were setting up their booth for their band. Luca was over there with them, sending Marinette looks every now and then as he worked to set up the both.

Chloe and Zoe had a booth for fashion. While people were overly cautious about going over there because of Chloe, Zoe was a ball of charisma. People adored her, which I thought was hilarious considering people absolutely loathe her other half.

"What are you going to do, Char?" Marinette asked, glancing over at her. "And you Adrien?"

Adrien and I glanced at each other. We really had no other talents, as our parents didn't want us to do anything other than what they wanted us to do.

Shrugging, I placed my hands in my jacket pocket. "I don't know Mari. I'd like to do a booth of art, but Nath and Marc have that covered..." I trailed off with a chuckle, though it was amazing how the two had their booths set up. Like one you could see at a comic convention.

Marinette tilted her head at that. "Then why don't you?" She wondered, "everyone else is doing a booth of their hobbies."

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Are you going to do one?" I countered, earning a chuckle from Adrien. At least asking her if she'll do a booth will keep her pre-occupied for a while.

"As a matter of fact," Marinette smirked at me and pointed to an empty booth filled with outfits and a sewing machine. "I'm doing my own designs!" She grinned at me, and if this were an anime she would have sparkles surrounding her face.

"Show off..." I scoffed playfully, laughing when she pushed me. "Honestly Mari, I'm not sure if my mother would even appreciate me doing a booth if it didn't promote her stupid restaurant. Adrien and I already did a photoshoot in front of it for a magazine to promote it!" I huffed, annoyed. That had been a long twenty-five minute shoot before we could get to school. "I wouldn't mind modeling so much if they would consider us more..." I trailed off with a pout, Adrien placing a hand on my elbow in comfort.

After the date we didn't label anything. We were much closer, and because we knew who the other was in and out of the mask, we weren't afraid to show our affections more. It made things easier, having someone to talk to outside whenever we wanted to without being found out.

Though Marinette's eyes had trailed down to the hand and she was grinning like an idiot. "Actually, I was wondering," she started, placing her hands behind her back. She was rolling on the balls of her feet and I raised an eyebrow at her dramatics. I raised an eyebrow at her, gesturing to her to go on. "Are you two, like, together now?" She wondered and my eyes widened.

I opened my mouth to respond when Adrien coughed. "Well, actually, I was going to ask..." He trailed off with a grin that reminded me of Chat Noir. I still couldn't wrap that around my head. "Charlotte, will you be my girlfriend?" Marinette was grinning, and I could practically hear her buzzing as she waited for my response.