Chapter 9 - Lady Strife

I was right to worry.

I hadn't been home for a half an hour when I heard commotion outside my balcony. Pausing in my homework I rushed over, pushing the glass door open to walk outside. Looking over the balcony I groaned when I saw an Akumitized civilian roaming around Paris. And I had a hunch that it was Nadine.

Her outfit was a dead give-away. She had on a high-low fashionable dress in a gold and green gingham color combination, black top hat, black gladiator styled sandals and in her right hand she held a clothing hanger, which I thought was an odd choice to add to the outfit. Her hair was done in a low elegant bun that could be seen outside of her top hat. If she wasn't turned into an evil Akuma, I would have thought that her outfit had style.

Shooting out of the hanger was some gingham styled clothing, wrapping up the civilians and making it so they couldn't escape.

"BRING ME CHLOE BURGEIOUS! I'LL SHOW HER STYLE!" Her voice roared and I winced, sighing. I should have known leaving Chloe with her was a humongous bad idea.

"Gulla!" I called towards the bat kwami, who was already floating towards me. She had a determined expression on her face, telling me she was ready to go. "Screech Increase!" Soon I was turned into Nebula, boomerang in my right hand. With a determined look on my face I leaped down into the fray, using my boomerang to stop her from trapping another civilian. The civilian thanked me by screaming and running away. I twirled my boomerang as the Akumatized victim faced me. "Hey can I have a picture? I'd love to be able to scare some people with it!" I called out even though I actually thought the outfit was badass.

"Ah, Nebula! Glad you could make it! I was just about to give you a fashion statement!" The Akuma smirked at me as she twirled her clothing hanger at me. "All we need is Chat Noir and Ladybug before we can start the fashion show!"

"Puns are my thing, Bat Queen!" Chat Noir pouted as he landed beside me. "Who am I if I don't have my puns?" Ah so he heard that one, did he?

"You'd be nothing, obviously." I turned to my other side, grinning when I saw Ladybug. "Puns are your bread and butter," the bug-clad hero teased, smirking.

Chat Noir scoffed at that, though there was amusement in his eyes. "Do you think this lady is mad because she was too late to a sale?" The black cat wondered, chuckling at his own joke.

"I am Lady Strife!" The three of us whirled around look at 'Lady Strife', who was holding her clothing hanger in the air dangerously. "Where is Chloe Burgeious? I want to show her that gingham is truly the best pattern!" At a random pedestrian she shot out some fabric, wrapping that pedestrian up and making them disappear. My eyes widened at that. I didn't know she could do that. I thought she could just wrap them up in gingham fabric.

Though that did remind me of someone. "Nadine?" I wondered with a frown and Ladybug looked at me, giving me a shocked expression.

Lady Strife scoffed. "I am no longer Nadine, Nebula! I'm Lady Strife!" Yeah I got that part.

"Nadine? The girl who works at La Bella?" Ladybug gasped and I raised an eyebrow at her, though now was not the time to start questioning things. We needed to destroy Nadine's Akuma. Preferably before she finds Chloe and does whatever it is she wanted to do with her. When I nodded she groaned, as if she was reliving a memory.

Intriguing indeed.

Chat Noir, however, was glancing between the two of us. He was very confused and looked like a lost kitten, which was kind of adorable. "What? You two know her?" He wondered before glancing over at Lady Strife. "The fashion police is getting away!" He pointed his baton at her fleeing figure.

"I bet she's looking for Chloe," I sighed, pursing my lips. "I heard her call out her name earlier," I explained when Ladybug and Chat Noir gave me raised eyebrows.