Chapter 18 - Picnic Date and Kwami Teasing

Alya and Marinette were squealing behind me as I tried to look for an outfit. "I cannot believe Adrien asked you out!" Marinette squealed, grinning like an idiot.

Chloe scoffed, though there was a soft smile on her face. "He told me he wanted to," I raised an eyebrow at her and she shrugged, "he's had a crush on you for a while sweet cheeks, just took him a while to act on it." I blushed at that, pursing my lips. Mother wasn't at home, she was working at the restaurant so that gave me plenty of time for the girls to help me out with an outfit.

Zoe was also there, watching the scene with a soft smile on her face. "You and Adrien would make a cute couple," she nodded her head in agreement. My face flamed even more at that statement as she sent me a smirk. I narrowed my eyes on her. "Who would have thought our little Charlotte would be the one to date Adrien." She laughed when I stuck my tongue out at her childishly.

"I remember when Marinette had a crush on him before Luka..." Alya trailed off, gasping when she was pushed. "Girl, he was all you talked about! Adrien this, Adrien that! Now it's Luka this, Luka that!" I gave an amused grin at the two friends who laughed at each other.

"Now it's Nino this, Nino that!" Marinette echoed with a giggle when Alya punched her shoulder. "Seriously though..." she gives me a genuine smile, "you two would make an even more power couple than he and I would have." That made my heart warm up, knowing that she was alright with this. I doubted Adrien even knew of Mari's feelings for him.

"Our Marinette. All grown up," Alya faked wiping away a tear and we all laughed when Marinette pushed her indignantly. It felt good, being around friends. I felt light, and more free than I have been in a long time.

After a few moments of searching through my closet I came out in white skinny jeans, a baggy stylized sweater, cute golden chained necklace with a heart-shaped pendant, and golden strappy heels. My hair was done in a tight french-braid and tied with a pink ribbon, matching the sweater that I had chosen to wear. And while I knew I wouldn't need it, a cute pink coin pouch that was big enough for Gulla to rest in without feeling snug.

"So cute!" Marinette squealed and I laughed at her excitement. "I'm sorry, but I'm remembering my first date with Luka. What about you Alya?" Mari turned towards her best friend who pondered that question.

"NIno took me to a DJ on our first date," she laughed, though there was a soft smile on her face. "He was so excited. We danced most of the night, and he asked the DJ a bunch of questions. Afterward we got some dinner at a nice little cafe that closed down." She sighed sadly. "I miss that cafe..." She murmured, shaking her head.

Zoe groaned. "I'm so jealous. I've not been on one date. My mother scares them all away!" She threw her hands up in the air in exasperation. "Have you had a date, Chlo?" Zoe wondered, turning her eyes towards the girl who was suddenly blushing at the attention.

"I... uh..." Chloe stuttered and I had never seen the girl so flustered. She was the epitome of confidence. "I... have been on one with Felix, but that didn't really go anywhere. Needless to say he was a jerk!" She scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest defiantly.

"I bet her personality scares off any suitors..." Alya faked whispered, laughing with Marinette - though I could see Chloe becoming a little dejected. Things were going really well, but I guess Alya still wasn't used to Chloe being nice. Which made sense.

Though now she was acting the bully, alongside Marinette. I wasn't sure if they realized this or not. I couldn't say that Chloe didn't deserve it... she did need to taste her own medicine, at any rate. This just felt wrong.

"No one is right for me here anyway!" Chloe waved her hand in dismissal, though I would have to remind myself to ask her later if she has a crush on any of our classmates.

Nebula - Adrien AgresteOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara