Chapter 22 - Tempting Fate and Getting Saved by Serenity Swan

AN: A bit of a trigger warning. Lack of consent, but not with the main characters. Just some stray characters I bring in to bring back in Serenity Swan. 

We were in Adrien's room. Gabriel knew I was here, of course, as it was under the guise that we had homework that we needed to work on together. I had a sneaking suspicion that he knew we were boyfriend and girlfriend, even though it was a recent development, but people loved to gossip.

"Serenity Swan?" Adrien's eyebrows rose up in surprise, "you actually saw him?" He wondered and I frowned, wondering how he already knew that name. Adrien laughed as he pulled out his phone, scrolling through stuff before shoving the screen into my face. "He's been on the news recently. I read some stories about him, though I didn't think he was a Miraculous user." He admitted with a shrug.

Pursing my lips I took the phone, Gulla hovering over my shoulder as she read the article with me.

JUST IN, NEW HERO ARRIVING IN PARIS. WHILE LADYBUG, CHAT NOIR AND NEBULA FIGHT THE AKUMAS IN TOWN, SERENITY SWAN HELPS OUT THE LOCALS. RECENTLY SERENITY SWAN HELPED A SMALL BUSINESS OWNER TRACK DOWN SOMEONE WHO STOLE HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS FROM THEIR REGISTER. WILL THIS HERO HELP THE YOUNG HEROES WHO FIGHT FOR JUSTICE EVERY DAY? STAY TUNED FOR MORE!

A picture of Serenity Swan stood beside the shop owner, tall and proud. I blinked at that, glancing over to Gulla who just shrugged. "There's a few Miraculous Users who got to keep their Miraculous'. Master Fu wanted them to be able to do what they could if the main users were out in battle and not wanting them to use their strength on little matters, or matters of the police. Which, technically this was a police matter, but I have a feeling it was more than meets the eye. I can't see Serenity Swan doing anything that wasn't a part of the research he's doing..." She trailed off, glancing over at Plagg who shrugged. Being unhelpful, as usual.

"I wonder if he knows who Hawkmoth is..." I trailed off in thought, earning everyone's attention now as I handed Adrien's phone back. "When he met up with me that one time he told me to be careful, like he knew more than what he was letting on." I explained upon seeing the looks I was getting.

Plagg frowned at that. "If he does, why not tell Master? It would solve a lot of problems!" He spat, eyes narrowing on his block of cheese as he put it in his mouth - probably to keep himself distracted.

"Maybe he doesn't want to cause alarm?" Gulla suggested, though she looked like she agreed with Plagg, "maybe all he has is speculation. Nothing concrete." That would make a lot of sense, though it was also troublesome that he told me.

"Maybe he has told the Master some of his thoughts but only warned me for some reason?" I furrowed my eyebrows together, though I already had a hunch as to why he warned me.

Adrien just shrugged. "Oh well, it's not our problem yet. When it becomes our problem we can worry about it some more," he suggested and I nodded my head. We already had too much to worry about as it was - with all the Akumas, being a superhero, being a teenager with homework and our side-job as models. Adrien had much more than I did to worry about, though mother was racing to get caught up with Gabriel. They were hanging out more and more together and I was silently hoping that nothing happened between them.

It would be extremely awkward when they started dating only to learn that we were dating before them.

Homework wasn't too bad that night. With Adrien and I both working on it together, it was easier than working on it separately. "How do you feel about Remy being at Dupont?" Adrien wondered, glancing over at me.

"I was surprised," I shrugged, not really knowing what to say to that. "The last school I thought Rem would go to was Dupont. He didn't seem the art type," I added as an afterthought. He still doesn't. I can't even recall if he did anything artsy. Maybe I didn't know him as well as I thought I knew him, which really wasn't much.