Chapter 2: Meeting the Bats

Location: An apartment in Gotham
Daniel's Point of View
Timeskip a couple of days later.

Although I wasn't what you'd call obsessed with the DC universe heck I started watching it after I took my brother's wife to the cinemas and she wanted to watch the latest movie on Batman, that alone opened up a series of events that led to me, a grown adult to watch or read anything related to dc during my spare time when I wasn't killing or threatening people so I wasn't surprised when I witnessed a bat-themed light point to the sky or when during one of my raids in a jewellery store I was interrupted by batgirl I still got the jewellery I wanted and sold it in the black market without being caught or anything regardless it just showed how active heroes are.

I used the money to get a decent apartment and other necessary items then donated the rest to orphanages I'm not a saint but I'm not a devil either.

Currently, I was cleaning my apartment since I was a perfectionist I couldn't handle it if where I lived was dirty, Plus I had nothing else to do I decided to get rid of the joker once and for all and to do that I had to cripple his sources and minions as he had multiple mafia groups under him which would come to his aid if I moved rashly, I carried my couch gently with one hand and vacuum whatever I saw under it then placed it back down.

'The first group I must take down is Black Mask' From his memories black Mask is a threat that shouldn't be taken lightly his goal was to kill Batman, the Catwoman and cause any amount of killings or death he could cause along the way, his underlings are free to do as they please getting away with things like rape, destruction of properties, and they often charged local entrepreneurs to keep them safe if they fail to pay then they suddenly vanish as their workplaces would be destroyed and burned down.

"I'm not saying I'm a good person but I still haven't gone that far" I hated any and every type of cult since I was made from one I know the worst of what life has to offer.

While I arranged my home and set some things straight placing a gun in a hidden location close to my door, A throwing dagger close to my bed, I had some bombs in the kitchen and so on reason being that this is the DC universe, there's no such thing as a safe zone well unless you're batman.

I turned on the kitchen's small TV as I prepared breakfast the first channel popping up was the daily news channel which praised and adored the heroes claiming how much crime had been reduced since the Justice League was formed 'There's no such thing as justice, Justice is merely a powerful person pushing their ideals on others ' Even though I thought the justice league was a bunch of kids with superpowers and an emo normal human that can fight I needed their abilities so one way or the other I needed to interact with them.

'But how? ' I asked myself 'I could become a villain and meet them on an unfriendly basis or I could do things slowly and join the heroes' Sure joining the heroes would be the safest route to avoid needless casualties now to focus on the black mask.

Time skip
Narrators Pov
Daniel stood atop a tall building observing the movements of some shading group it was already evening so the number of people outside was lesser and the normal people who were still outside walked as fast as they could avoiding eye contact with anyone since Gotham was a terrible place at night, Daniel wore a black full body suit with paddings on places like his knees, knuckles, elbow wearing a combat boot and a mask leaving no part of his body exposed.

He paid attention to everything that was happening around him noticing how they branched a popular nightclub in Gotham's crime element called the Black Mask Club, their leader, the Black Mask is otherwise known as Roman Sionsis and is also the leader of the False Face Society, which has 3 members in the Gotham city police department.