Chapter 10

Chapter 10 - A different kind of bat... A bat God!

"It was bound to happen you know?"

'Fuck you, shut up '

Daniel looked at the morning newspaper with one hand and scrolled through Social media with the other while switching between both at random times.

A new superhero has been born: A hero who fought to save-

That was the headline in the newspaper, Yesterday he single-handedly defeated a 6 man's attempt at an armed robbery in Gotham's central bank.

He was too busy fighting to save civilians to realize they were recording him, luckily for him he used only his physical attributes to take them down and used his weak ability Compulsion to keep them down.

Fortunately for him, no one noticed that, but he wasn't still safe, He preferred working in the shadows so he would take the world by storm, Now that he had saved so many people in public, he lost discretion now he had to take a new tactic and an open one

"Hey, Daniel"

Zatanna stared at him, She had been consoling him for a while she realized not everyone was like her, and Not everyone enjoyed the spotlight, Even though she thought he would celebrate being recognized as a. Superhero.

Daniel dropped the newspaper and sighed shaking his head, If no one knew about him he could kill as he pleased and kill in silence too like how he killed Black Mask, But now he would do his tasks under the judging eyes of people who would give him, He didn't want to be a hero, he wanted to get the job done, Not every hero can do that.

It had been a week since he started learning magic... No that's not right

It had been a week since he fulfilled the condition to copy her magic, The condition was to get her to accept him of all the choices he made her accept him as a student, She did so and now he had access to copy her abilities, he didn't know if it was his system telling him to get permission to copy her Abilities but he could feel the humour of the Gods there.

And she had a lot of skills the one that stood out the most was Chronokinesis 'This Mother fucker could fucking bend time.'

Dimension Travelling, Ressurection, Death Inducement, Black magic.

He could only copy one thing so he decided to copy her Homo magi race, Species which came with the passive ability to use magic in different ways.

But he still needed her help to learn other forms of magic, He was rather angry when he found out he couldn't copy her time control skill When he copied Catwoman's power he got the whole set because he didn't just copy her abilities, He copied her Physique, Now he did the same thing to Zatanna and he got the passive ability to feel and use magic without needing a tool or sacrifice, but since magic was versatile, He could probably take on most of their future foes with just magic..... Probably

Because of his predicament, he had to come back and become her actual student to learn other things under her, But he admitted he'd rather be above it.

Zatanna after being ignored for a while flicked her fingers in front of his face and Daniel's clothes caught on fire, She expected him to jump and run around but he didn't, The fire didn't burn because they were an illusion, Daniel could tell they were illusions because she covered him with mana, which he could sense very adeptly.

Daniel sighed and extinguished the fire, He was as good of a magician as she was, But he didn't have as nearly skills and experience as she did.

Daniel changed the topic since there was no need for him to focus on spilt food, Every opportunity has a hidden treasure.