Chapter 4: Broken mask

Daniel's PoV
Gotham City

I stood amidst all the chaos that ensued around me, I had no idea we had caused this much damage but with everything together, I should be at a city block threat at most, The excitement I had gotten from the fact I could fly was forcefully repressed when I saw Catwoman perched on a rooftop observing me.

I slowly floated towards her it was still weird and I felt weightless but it was a feeling I'd love to get used to, She wore a grin standing up to face me eye to eye.

"Is there any reason you'd come looking for me Catwoman?"

I asked her, true it was very hard to keep my eyes from falling a bit lower than her face and on top of her big breasts but it wasn't something I couldn't control.

"Oh no, just wanted to see the fresh superhuman in Gotham I was hoping for a superhuman, not a metahuman," Catwoman said her voice holding confidence and a bit of sex appeal.

(A/N: She meant she was hoping the MC was a normal human with extraordinary abilities rather than an actual mutant)

"Don't worry I have a strong foundation, It's not like I can be revived by Egyptian cats." I chuckled and then landed in front of her, her eyes flashed through shock before she masked it smiling as if nothing happened.

"Word on the street is you got a beef with Sionis," She said with a slight pause before finishing, "I thought Joker's nameless mistake would aim for his master first, what are you scared of him?" Her lips curved into a smile one that was quickly copied by me.

"I didn't think you could be this feisty what else can I expect from a cat?"

Before I could say more I was interrupted by a bat-themed light in the sky "That's my cue to leave Either way, Gotham's a small city we never know where we might meet again, say hi to Bruce for me Selina"

I threw smoke pellets at her before she could do anything when the smoke cleared she was still shocked in place.

[Ding new Cat physique acquired]
[Mission: Mentally toy with the Cat Queen of Gotham.
Mission status: Successful]
[Host physique: Is now that of a humanoid cat]
[PERKS:Slightly sharper Cat-like speed, Agility, Balance, reflexes, flexibility]
[New traits added!!]
[Sharpened canines, cat eyes, Night Vision]

The system is denying the weakness of cats: success

I found myself grinning today was a lucky day indeed, I don't know why I wasn't able to copy her fighting skills though I observed her from the shadows she stood there for a while before she jumped down the building sparing a final look at where she once stood I left and levitated into the sky enjoying the darkness and illumination of the moon, felt refreshed.

Time skip
Batman's lair
Third POV

Bruce wearing his bat suit with the mask drawn back sat down in front of a massive screen monitoring events that just played out from numerous CCTV cameras and traffic cameras, He heard movements and sounds already knowing who it was he asked: "What's wrong?"

Selina landed in front of him barely making any noise this time proving he could only hear her because she wanted him to.

"He called me by my name, He even knows about my past," Selina mumbled Even Bruce didn't know that far into her life but he managed to hide his surprise with his cold look.

Selina brightened up instantly jumping away from Bruce "Haha, you're stuck now I can do whatever I want with you" Bruce looked down to see his right hand cuffed to his sit, and then he stared at Selina with an unreadable expression before he showed her the key using his left hand.