Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Magical Experience.

"Not again."

Do you know that one silent person no one messes with?

The one that sits quietly in a class too uninterested to participate but when they do it's perfect.

"100%!! How?!"

That was Daniel, He didn't bother to try in school after the first day he barely reacted to other people but he had a close circle with Barbara and her friends.

Barbara although she should be used to this by now it doesn't stop surprising her "How do you manage to get perfect scores in everything? Do you threaten to fire the teachers so they'll let you pass?" She asked, Daniel and she stayed up till morning because they were on a patrol around Gotham to defeat villains, When did he get the chance to read? Even Barbara who had eidetic memory count keep up.

Daniel just laughed mockingly "Your brain is fast enough to dodge bullets but when it comes to maths you run out of gas" His mocking tone and laughter annoyed Barbara so much but her helplessness was even greater than the anger she felt.

'It's hard when you are losing, But when you're losing to someone that's barely trying' Barbara bit her bottom lip in frustration.

While she was having her mental period Daniel recalled the skills he gathered from the mutant students at school

[Compulsion ability(Very Weak): The host's charisma, manipulation and communication skills are so good that he can deceive people into his wishes without them knowing

P.S: Doesn't work on people stronger than you or people with strong mental strength

Note: If the person you are using this ability on isn't looking at you in the eyes the effect is halved.]

It seemed like a cool skill but it wasn't; Since it only worked on normal people, it had a chance to grow more but for now, he used it on normal people till the ability changed from:

Compulsion ability (Very weak)---> Weak

It was a positive change after all Rome wasn't built in a day.

Another skill was X-ray vision

[X-ray Vision(Average)- Host can see through certain forms of matter.

P.S: Host cannot see through lead, Even the tiniest size.]

The last skill he didn't know how to use was from the school's playboy who tried to hit on Barbara, The condition to copy was to simply scare him off, which wasn't that bad,  but it gave Barbara the intention he cared about her, While all he wanted was the skill.

[Hormones controller(Extremely weak)- Host can reduce or increase human hormone with a physical touch

Note: It doesn't work if the host doesn't know the use of the hormones he is trying to manipulate.]

This skill was a crack, it was a shame the person he copied it from only used it to make girls horny, but with this, Daniel could do a lot, But that's that.

Although Barbara hated being last she knew it wasn't her fault but Daniel's for being too good 'Stupid perfectionist.' But she couldn't hate him for it, by the end of class and the beginning of their launch break they were already conversing like nothing happened.

"Heya, you two." A dark-skinned short girl wearing seemingly prescribed glasses in front of her brown eyes approached them with a smile holding her textbooks in her hands.

"Oh Hello, Karen, What's up? Where's Zatanna and your boyfriend Mal?" Barbara greeted before asking for the rest of their friends.

'Karen Beecher or Bumblebee' Daniel paused as his brain registered the owner of the voice the short genius-level teen that designed her suit that could shrink its user to the size of a bee and other bee-related superpower.