Chapter 23

Chapter 23: A selfish bargain

As quickly as the heart appeared, It vanished after Daniel got his point through.

He took a risk, He didn't know if the heart would try to reconnect with her, Luckily for him, It didn't.

"Are you threatening me, Demigod?"

The Enchantress no longer looked as if she was teasing him, Her voice was no longer portraying the ego and dominance it normally did, It was just cold, She knew she could try and fight but with his current form that was leaking divinity in excess as if he didn't have any upper limit, She doubted he didn't know how to use her heart against her properly, But knowing how to use it and using it are two things entirely.

But still, Knowledge is power.

"I am not threatening you, I am merely being selfish."

Daniel didn't bother sugar-coating his words, This was his bargaining chip.

'I should have known better than making a deal with a human, A male no less'

She admitted it was her fault, Her interest in owing something so unique as the demigod in front of her made her biased and relaxed, She missed the fact that he was an Enigma entity, A Demigod that didn't only have Divinity, He had access to Mystical forces,

One must note that being a God doesn't grant one the ability to use Magic like other Homo Magi, While Gods were able to perform miracles, A wizard or which with enough authority, mana capacity and the right instruments could do more than that.

The Enchantress knew she had been to Relax with the boy now she could only face the results herself.

But strangely, This didn't feel like a betrayal, it felt like they were playing a game, Hearing him say it was a selfish wish made her nod her head, If he didn't have her heart as leverage, She wouldn't take him seriously.

'At least he isn't a fool.'

"What is your selfish wish?"

Her demonic features and malicious eyes all indicated that she was more or less impatient than amused.

"To have you, By my side."

Daniel grinned not at all hiding it, Showing that this was beyond normal lust, It was him being power-hungry, Imagine a magician having a card over a magical deity, Imagine him being able to be equal with an ancient era Goddess.

She was so old that he didn't want to play out any manipulative tactics, He guessed some of them might have originated from her so it would be pointless either way, Now he was hitting her with plain old truths.

"You're too young for that, Come here let me send you a couple of millennia back so you'll meet me when I was just a century old in this Dimension"

Although it sounded like a joke, It conveyed her thoughts;

Why would she, A deity that had been on Earth for ages, who had witnessed the raised and fall of nations, most of them she had a hand in suddenly go insane and consider herself equal with a demigod who had crude control of his powers?

Plus she wasn't joking, If he agreed she'd empty her Mana reserves and send him back to meet her when she was younger, She was extremely interested, The thought of him killing her before she could grow in experience didn't even cross her mind once.

"I don't have that kind of time."

He stated shaking his head, He couldn't wait a thousand years just to taste a Goddess so he brought up a better idea "How about this, For 3 years you'll be my mentor, in those three years I won't try to harm you or force you to do whatever I want, I can willingly give you some of my energy but in return, You will not partake in any action subconsciously or not to conquer the world or harm anyone close to me at all or in general if they did nothing to you, You don't even have to teach me anything, I just want you by my side."