ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ-𝟙

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

Klaus's POV:

What am I supposed to do now? I know I messed up by putting a curse on Hayley but it's still better than killing her after what she did or attempted to do, I am tired of everyone threatening me to take my child away from me whenever they want something or whenever I screw up.

3rd Person's POV:

It's been hours since Klaus and his family came back home after killing their aunt Dahlia once and for all and since then Klaus is up in his daughter's room with her. The rest of the family members are just sitting down there and arguing about his doings when Marcel walks by, everyone was so into the argument that they didn't even notice that someone just walked by them.

Marcel knew where he was going and who he was looking for so it didn't long before he to find where his supposed adopted father was, he walks to the nursery but stops outside the door for some time, hearing Hope's giggles that filled the room while Klaus tried and failed to put her down to sleep.

After some time when he hears the quiet, he figures that Hope might be asleep he was debating on whether he should go in or not but his chain of thoughts was broken "You can come in Marcel" Klaus said from inside the room.

Marcel took a deep breath before entering the room and looking at Klaus "If you're here to remind me of 'how bad father I am and how cruel it was of me to do what did to Hayley' please let's take it out, she's finally asleep and I don't like when my kid can't sleep." Klaus says and motions for Marcel to go out first but Marcel in return just closes the door.

"I am not here to remind you or give you a lecture about fatherhood, you know it better than me. Honestly, I don't even know why I came here in the first place but I want to tell you something." Marcel starts while Klaus sits on the rocking chair that was placed in the room.

"You're not a bad father, you never were. Yes, sometimes you went overboard but now that I look at it with everything else somehow it all sums up. Hope is your blood so maybe I cannot exactly understand what you must be feeling right now but I can sure as hell relate to it because I also have a girl who I love just like she's my own." Marcel starts and Klaus looks at him with a raised bow.

"I never approved of your ways of raising a child remember but which child does? They all think that they will be better than their parents and some even become better versions. What Hayley tried to do to you was awful so no I don't question your actions in defense of that and I don't blame you but I want to know what you feel right now?" Marcel asks Klaus.

Something no one else had the guts to ask maybe it is the fact that he knows that Klaus would rather get hurt himself than see Marcel hurt. This is true too, even if not by blood but Marcel was his son.

Klaus looks at Marcel for a good amount of time before replying "You think I am gonna tell you anything about my next move after what you did, how big of a fool do you think I am?" Klaus asks him in a low yet threatening voice which would've sent a chill down normal people's spines but not Marcel's.

"Look I know you don't trust me anymore but believe me when I say this, it's not just about you and me now, it's about her and what's best for her safety which we all can see liss with you. If you think that now with Hayley away for some time you're gonna get a happy life with your daughter then you're wrong, Elijah, Rebekah and that older sister of yours Freya are currently arguing over your doing and it's not in your favor." Marcel informs him.

"You will always get manipulated by your loved ones because they know you won't harm them seriously, isn't it why you didn't kill Hayley in the first place you just cursed her." Marcel points out and Klaus in return just looks down.

"I hate to say this but I have a feeling that something big is about to go down in New Orleans and it's not going to be safe for you or your daughter here, because people will come for you and they will use her to get to you as we both know that she is your weakness." Marcel tells him to which he lowly replies "She's not my only weakness."

"If you're talking about you're family then I think they can take care of each other then if you're talking about Hayley then I think she lost the right to be under your protection, now if you're talking about me then need I remind that I am a grown-up man unlike my sister and I also have Vincent and Davina so I think I'll be good here," Marcel says looking at Hope.

Klaus thinks about it for a moment before replying "What are you trying to say, Marcellus? Please say it clearly because I am in no mood for riddles." Klaus says to him with a sharp tone "I am saying that you need to leave New Orleans for some time because if something were to happen to you it's going to affect the entire vampire race." Marcel says and Klaus looks at him with confusion,

"Nothing will happen to me, the only thing that can hurt me is the white oak stake which is gone so there is no need for me to leave," Klaus replies and goes to check over Hope, to see if she's sleeping comfortably or not.

"These sire lines have been at war with each other forever and with the new information going around about the sire and their sire line's life being connected is spreading around too fast and there is also a word going around about a weapon that no supernatural can survive and I am sure they're coming here because not only one original but the entire original family is here so the choice is up to you," Marcel says and turns to leave before looking back at Hope once again before leaving.

"And there is no choice with Hayley away as a wolf, you don't have to do what's best for you from now on you have to do what's best for Hope even if it hurts her or anyone else because that's what a good father does and that's what you always tried to do in the past. I am sorry I never saw it then but I see it now and I am thankful for everything you did for me and now it's your turn to do the same for Hope." Marcel tells him and bends down to kiss Hope's forehead and then pulls something out of his pocket and slides it down Hope's neck while Klaus stands there and watches.

"It was Rebekah's, I have had it since you guys first left it always reminded me that no matter what happens there is someone out there who thinks that I am a part of their family too and now it belongs to Hope, it will remind her that no matter where she goes in the future or what she chooses. There is a family back home that will always support her, I will always support her because she's worth it." Marcel tries to leave when Klaus pulls him in a hug and soon the tear start falling down both their cheeks.

"Even though I was never a good father to you, no surprises I never had I never had much in the way of an example. I never saw myself in the man who raised me the first time I saw myself in another was the day I met you, throwing apples at the oppressor who whipped you raw, I should've known you'll grow up to be a better man than me." Klaus tells him after they pull away.

"You do realize you're about a hundred years too late for this talk. I don't need your opinion on how I was never good enough for your family or Rebekah or..." Marcel reminds him with a cold tone but Klaus cuts him off.

"Well I am hardly perfect unless we forget all the bad blood between the two of us ever since I came back means neither are you, but despite everything you are here, aren't you? You will always be a part of this family, a part of my family, you will always be my son, Marcellus." Klaus says and puts a hand on Marcel's shoulder.

"As for Rebekah, my sister, her love for you was a threat. How can you both love each other and still have room for me, now I can see that it's possible. Well in any case I just wanted to say this to you last time before I take your advice only to set the records straight." Klaus tells him as a single tear falls from his eye.

"I am not telling you to leave forever, what I am saying is that you have to go away cause if something happens to her everything and everyone will fall apart. You always tried to protect me and now it's my turn to do the same and when I did with it, you will come back here because this is our home, I promise." Marcel tells him and holds his arm that was holding on his shoulder.

"I hope that you do and we both will be waiting for that day to come." Klaus says and Marcel nods and goes to the door after a few seconds "I will make sure everything is ready for you both to leave, you have one week to get everything ready from your side after one week you will leave at midnight." Marcel says and leaves the room.

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o